Maryville 40 Cleveland 14

REBELRON

i was wrong. maryville played a great game. Cleveland had a lot of mistakes that they had never made in the past, but that's just how it goes. maryville deserved to win last night. the score may have been a little different without penalties and other mistakes. good luck in the next couple of weeks.

*mark my words. Cleveland will be ready next year!*

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me thinks I am not to dumb, ANSPA! I really feel Central is a better team and Milligan of Powell would have run over many of the Cleveland d backs. Cleveland beat Central by Centrals own mistakes. Cleveland had one good drive on Maryville. A drive that took about 8 and half min, fighting for every yard on 4 third down situations. Maryville simply did not make many mistakes or enough for Cleveland to be in scoring position. Go Rebs

na man, central was not better, they got beat, they both made mistakes at about equal amounts and cleveland won, those are lame excuses for the fact that they lost, as for powell, milligan might be bigger than the dbacks from cleveland , but so was every other rb that clevelands dbs played, they didnt get ran over though by any means, quite the contrary, they would have ate him for lunch, they arent big but they are all muscle and speed. dont judge people by their size. and as far as cleveland only haveing one good drive, they had a lot of good drives, but they ended up with penalties that put them in 3rd and 20 positions, and they even had those penalties at the beginning of drives, so they never got started. clevelands kicking game was lowsy also, just to let you know, about 20 yards every punt.

[Edited by anspa on 11-24-02 9:35A]

Since some of the Cleveland fans want to get on here and keep making excuses, here is what I have to say. MHS-40, CHS-14, and they only scored those points because Maryville was beating themselves. And as a response to the comment that Clevelands D-backs never got ran over, it's kinda funny how I saw it happen when they met Carl Stewart in the open field, one of which got his face stiff armed in the mud while Carl went in for the touchdown from 21 yds. out.

Go Rebs, one more to go till Murfeesboro.

Yes, Maryville is the real deal (again or still). I'm not sure anyone left can stay with them. Mo West gets their 2nd chance this Friday. Melrose & Hillsboro, one of them will get their shot in 2 weeks. From what I saw vs Cleveland, looks like Rebels will be 3-peating! Good Luck to the Rebels the "rest of the way"! :D

yes central was better than cleveland. The weather was the difference, centrals offense was neutralized by it, and clevelands 3 yards and make a splash was perfect for it. Either way central is a year away from contending with maryville.

Those people saying centrals kids were dancing in the middle of the field are liars.

I figure the rain hurt central's defense a bit too since they rely on speed and quickness so much on that side of the ball. All i can say is after the Cleveland/Central game i was surprised at the outcome. After the Maryville/Cleveland game I was still surprised at the outcome of the Cleveland/Central game.

Guest cneagles

I am in no way a Maryville Fan. But Let's face the facts Maryville and Riverdale are the 2 best programs in the state of Tennessee. Cleveland has the athletic potential to be one of those programs but do not have the coaching to get over the top. There Head Coach is a moron and has no clue. You put Maryville's head coach at Cleveland and Cleveland's at Maryville then Cleveland wins the game. But that is not the case. Cleveland lucked into a rainstorm to beat a more athletic Central. They play in an incredibly weak region that allows them to get a number one seed. Until the Cleveland faithful realize the tremendous harm that their head coach is doing they will remain mediocre. As for Maryville you all have one of the best programs without a doubt but I do believe Hillsboro has the better team this year. I CANNOT wait to watch these teams play on Dec. 7.