Lewis county vs. Scotts hill

blackmamba11

Congratulations to the Panthers, y'all look to have another stout team this season. I knew this one was going to be tough, sometimes it's "just football", and this is one of those times. Our young men are fortunate to have the kinship of each other to get through a bad situation, and a truly great guy to step up and mentor them through it in Coach Rob...he's a rock.

Strictly speaking of football, we're not as well equipped to play with the strong teams as in the past...graduation and dropping participation have hurt the talent level and depth, but the boys attitude remains strong, and I have confidence that we'll be back to that level soon.

6 hours ago, ddaddy said:

This was way easier than I expected. SH has some players and should win some games. I hope LC can continue to get the big plays. 

Big plays were the story. I expected a closer game as well, but Lewis County was able to strike fast with scoring drives of 3 plays 27 yards, 2 plays 65 yards, 3 plays 76 yards, and 4 plays 66 yards, the first 4 drives of the game. I was impressed that the defense was able to bounce right back after stops and quick offensive possessions and give very little ground. This week could be a different challenge, hoping the big plays continue and the defense continues to play hard.

11 minutes ago, TheStuff said:

Big plays were the story. I expected a closer game as well, but Lewis County was able to strike fast with scoring drives of 3 plays 27 yards, 2 plays 65 yards, 3 plays 76 yards, and 4 plays 66 yards, the first 4 drives of the game. I was impressed that the defense was able to bounce right back after stops and quick offensive possessions and give very little ground. This week could be a different challenge, hoping the big plays continue and the defense continues to play hard.

Guys it would've been a closer game but a coaching change 2 days before the season isn't the easiest

I have no doubt it would have been a different game. That not withstanding, Lewis County showed big play potential and quick-strike ability, and the defense was solid. 

SH has some speed (Martin) but were 1-dimensional. They attempted 1 pass, I think, that Beal threw into the sideline because of coverage and pressure. Run-run options, power runs, etc., fed into the LC strengths up front.