Harriman @ Coalfield

rtl112

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

What's everybodys take on this game, I'm beginning to think that we will be lucky to make the playoffs at this point.

It sounds like the D played pretty good last night but just couldn’t get the O going. I think this one is a toss up. Coalfield I think will pull this one out. 

Just now, Gbnation said:

It sounds like the D played pretty good last night but just couldn’t get the O going. I think this one is a toss up. Coalfield I think will pull this one out. 

Just now, Gbnation said:

Interceptions, fumbles and penalties sort of hurt us last night but I'm not taking away from York because they are  a good football team but I don't think they were 21 points better necessarily. It was a fun game to watch because of the physicality from both squads. Against the wing-t you have to play assignment football and we didn't in the second half.  For some reason, we quit putting a hat on the fullback in the second half. You gotta hit him whether he has the ball or not plus they really killed us with the QB sweep in the second half too.  I give credit to York's coaching staff because they do what they do well. 

7 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Interceptions, fumbles and penalties sort of hurt us last night but I'm not taking away from York because they are  a good football team but I don't think they were 21 points better necessarily. It was a fun game to watch because of the physicality from both squads. Against the wing-t you have to play assignment football and we didn't in the second half.  For some reason, we quit putting a hat on the fullback in the second half. You gotta hit him whether he has the ball or not plus they really killed us with the QB sweep in the second half too.  I give credit to York's coaching staff because they do what they do well. 

I agree about hitting the full back every play. He either has the ball or he’s a lead blocker more times than not. 

3 hours ago, Gbnation said:

I agree about hitting the full back every play. He either has the ball or he’s a lead blocker more times than not. 

Especially in the wing-t or the triple option were the fullback runs the dive play every single play.  They will lull you to sleep running the edges then when the middle linebacker starts leaning to the edges for help, then they kill you up the middle.  Of course we are pretty faithful to the 4-3 set, I wish we would load the box more against these run heavy teams.