Bledsoe at Marion

warrior1981

9 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

You think Marion would have beaten Meigs last year?

I do, only because I feel like the hybrid wing t that we ran was Fitzgeralds kryptonite.  Had no clue how to stop it when we were in talks district but like you said who knows and it doesn't matter.  Tyner did beat us twice but we were on the verge of a blowout with them and seq and some questionable calls and we decide to try to milk clock against tyner and throw a pass against seq.  oh well., maybe we will see you guys next year.

8 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Last year being an odd year 2017 the odd regions (1,3,5,7) got to host the quarterfinals. 

Also being an odd year last year the overall upper bracket winner got to host the semifinals.  (winner of region 1 and 2 bracket host the winner of region 3 and 4 bracket winner)

This year being an even year 2018. The even number regions will host the quarterfinals (2,4,6,8). And the lower overall bracket winner will host the semis.  (winner of the region 3 and 4 bracket will host the winner of region 1 and 2 bracket)

Also if 2 teams meet in the quarterfinals that are from the same region, the team that finished higher in the region will get to host. 

Useful information sir. Thank you.

7 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I do, only because I feel like the hybrid wing t that we ran was Fitzgeralds kryptonite.  Had no clue how to stop it when we were in talks district but like you said who knows and it doesn't matter.  Tyner did beat us twice but we were on the verge of a blowout with them and seq and some questionable calls and we decide to try to milk clock against tyner and throw a pass against seq.  oh well., maybe we will see you guys next year.

Last time we played you guys were just extremely talented in 16. In 17 we were up from the previous year and you all were seemingly down compared to  the previous years team. I do believe it would have been a competitive game but I think we may have edged you all last year. With a healthy team this year we are even better than last. But atm our starting back and one of the backups are hurt. We wont be 100% till mid season and that's if they get to return then. But our Oline and Dline are really really good this year. At least compared to the teams we have went up against. After the Sequatchie game I will know more about just how good the Oline & Dline are. I think we are in for a special year this year. 

Edited by Imthayeti

52 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Last time we played you guys were just extremely talented in 16. In 17 we were up from the previous year and you all were seemingly down compared to  the previous years team. I do believe it would have been a competitive game but I think we may have edged you all last year. With a healthy team this year we are even better than last. But atm our starting back and one of the backups are hurt. We wont be 100% till mid season and that's if they get to return then. But our Oline and Dline are really really good this year. At least compared to the teams we have went up against. After the Sequatchie game I will know more about just how good the Oline & Dline are. I think we are in for a special year this year. 

I believe so as well.  Honestly, we got beat by an average or below Seq team, which doesn't make us look too hot.....lol.  Meigs will roll seq.  we got pushed around with our 3 down lineman and that tight wing t.  We have a lot of youth learning to play the game right now, and the tough schedule didn't help them get experience last year.  

3 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I believe so as well.  Honestly, we got beat by an average or below Seq team, which doesn't make us look too hot.....lol.  Meigs will roll seq.  we got pushed around with our 3 down lineman and that tight wing t.  We have a lot of youth learning to play the game right now, and the tough schedule didn't help them get experience last year.  

Is Marion County young this season? I thought you were senior loaded this year? I remember thinking last season that you really only lost about 3 players. Everyone else was back. 

10 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Is Marion County young this season? I thought you were senior loaded this year? I remember thinking last season that you really only lost about 3 players. Everyone else was back. 

well, numbers wise, we have a bunch of seniors, a lot of which haven't played much , a lot of young kids play though

32 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

well, numbers wise, we have a bunch of seniors, a lot of which haven't played much , a lot of young kids play though

Old Pirate is tad confused these last few posts. Ifin yous only lost 3 or 4 players, how come yous got young fellers that ain’t played much. Did some quit, If not OP ain’t falling fer this excuse mess!