Bledsoe at Marion

warrior1981

1 hour ago, MarionMadness said:

Marion County would have beat Meigs County last season. That is last season and this is this year. It will be a fun game on Friday vs Bledsoe. I think our team will show alot of improvement this week. Our offense is very good and has many weapons. Our defense held Squatchy to 21 points even though they were much bigger than us. We have lost one of our good players so that means some other ones will be playing even more. We have a freshman #8 that is real good and very fast. He is the fastest player we have on the team and he is just a freshman. Tony will do his thing this week and we will beat Bledsoe County bad. Next week is Pitchburg week but Bledsoe is first. As always it's a great day to be a warrior.

FEAR THE SPREAD, FEAR THE TEAM, & FEAR THE BEARD!

Doubt you would have beaten Meigs last season. But nice to have opinions I guess. I know yours and you know mine on the matter.

57 minutes ago, MarionMadness said:

Marion County would have beat Meigs County last season. That is last season and this is this year. It will be a fun game on Friday vs Bledsoe. I think our team will show alot of improvement this week. Our offense is very good and has many weapons. Our defense held Squatchy to 21 points even though they were much bigger than us. We have lost one of our good players so that means some other ones will be playing even more. We have a freshman #8 that is real good and very fast. He is the fastest player we have on the team and he is just a freshman. Tony will do his thing this week and we will beat Bledsoe County bad. Next week is Pitchburg week but Bledsoe is first. As always it's a great day to be a warrior.

FEAR THE SPREAD, FEAR THE TEAM, & FEAR THE BEARD!

I don’t know where you’re getting your logic from, Marion Co gave up 42 points and lost to Sequatchie last year, Meigs held them to 7, but that’s last year, I picked Marion County to beat Sequatchie this year, because I don’t think SC is very good, Marion County will win Friday night, but it will be close.

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

The coach said in the paper they had so many athletes so they switched to the spread. 

They have athletes but lost a starter already sadly. We have 3 starters who will not play this week or next week probably. Sampson can sling the ball around. Losing 3 starters on a small single A team hurts. Do I think we should beat them next week? Yes, however it won't be a cakewalk like some have said in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Tyner beat Marion County two times last year, and I saw Tyner play Rockwood, and in imo Meigs would have beat Tyner if the QB doesn’t get hurt.

As Imthayeti says: "it's all water under the bridge" at this point in time. I think Tyner was destined to be in Cookeville(20th anniversary of 1997 Gold Ball over UC) . It's unfortunate that the QB got hurt, but you failed to mention that your defense gave up 241 yards in rushing to Rockwood(they only had 13 yards passing). I am confident that the Rams would have equalled or surpassed the rushing yards and the passing yards. RW scored with 1:54 left in the game @ Meigs. 

It's all speculation..and just my opinion based on the game stats!!

9 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

As Imthayeti says: "it's all water under the bridge" at this point in time. I think Tyner was destined to be in Cookeville(20th anniversary of 1997 Gold Ball over UC) . It's unfortunate that the QB got hurt, but you failed to mention that your defense gave up 241 yards in rushing to Rockwood(they only had 13 yards passing). I am confident that the Rams would have equalled or surpassed the rushing yards and the passing yards. RW scored with 1:54 left in the game @ Meigs. 

It's all speculation..and just my opinion based on the game stats!!

Yes the defense gave up a lot of yards, a lot of that was do to the fact that the offense had to many three and outs with the QB hurt, but that’s last year, I will be at this game and I hope it’s a good one, and dry lol 

On 8/28/2018 at 9:27 AM, Dadof2 said:

I know the last time we played Marion County they took us to the woodshed, but with that being said, I did come down and watch the jamboree, and I know you can tell much from that, but you can get a feeling for what a team has, and IMO Meigs is just way better this year, and probably has easiest road to Cookeville, because they play Rockwood and Oneida at home, and the only other team that can challenge them is Sequatchie County, but I don’t think they can ether.

if Meigs and Trousdale were to meet, where would the game be played? 

That game would be played in Trousdale County if it were to play out that way. Meigs County would have to travel for a semifinal matchup this year.

7 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

That game would be played in Trousdale County if it were to play out that way. Meigs County would have to travel for a semifinal matchup this year.

Last year it was odd region and lowest region host what exactly is it this year even and highest region host?

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Last year it was odd region and lowest region host what exactly is it this year even and highest region host?

Last year being an odd year 2017 the odd regions (1,3,5,7) got to host the quarterfinals. 

Also being an odd year last year the overall upper bracket winner got to host the semifinals.  (winner of region 1 and 2 bracket host the winner of region 3 and 4 bracket winner)

This year being an even year 2018. The even number regions will host the quarterfinals (2,4,6,8). And the lower overall bracket winner will host the semis.  (winner of the region 3 and 4 bracket will host the winner of region 1 and 2 bracket)

Also if 2 teams meet in the quarterfinals that are from the same region, the team that finished higher in the region will get to host. 

• Like 1