Monterey @ Jo Byrns

MOTO24

Shep said he will be there!!!

As for the game/JB...we need to see some offensive fire power to go along with our defense.  I really think we have one of the better defenses we've had in quite a few years.  We just don't seem to have the offensive fire power.  We still have some time to develop though.  The Cascade game could have easily been 35-0 with all our starters in and few less penalties but it wasn't.  That's fine playing against the Cascades of the world but that won't cut it against better competition.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MOTO24 said:

Shep said he will be there!!!

As for the game/JB...we need to see some offensive fire power to go along with our defense.  I really think we have one of the better defenses we've had in quite a few years.  We just don't seem to have the offensive fire power.  We still have some time to develop though.  The Cascade game could have easily been 35-0 with all our starters in and few less penalties but it wasn't.  That's fine playing against the Cascades of the world but that won't cut it against better competition.

Glad to hear Shep will be there. I agree with you on the game Moto. I think Tom will mix it up some this week. Gotta get some type of passing game going.

On 8/26/2018 at 12:09 PM, reddevil44 said:

I am looking for fence runners to motivate this team. They came out flat Friday night. I will be running the fence the rest of the season. Feel free to join me.

I be your huckleberry 

On 8/26/2018 at 7:17 PM, MOTO24 said:

I’m game!  I’ll try to get Shep out of retirement!

18 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

It pains me to see teams get leads and then run the same run play over and over again. Work on your passing game!

And then criticize the  coach when they throw a couple of picks and the other team gets momentum. Work on your passing game in practice,

1 hour ago, ecu said:

And then criticize the  coach when they throw a couple of picks and the other team gets momentum. Work on your passing game in practice,

I'm talking about games where the score is 28-0 5 minutes into the game. Where it would obviously be 100-0 if you keep your starters in the whole game. I'm not talking about when you are up 14 against a regional opponent.

But I guess you are right people will say you are running up the score if you are passing the ball with your backups while up 49-0.

The game that is fresh on my mind is Mt. Juliet against Glencliff. I think Mt. Juliet scored on 5 of the first 8 offensive plays of the game. I don't think they threw a pass in that game. The only threat Glencliff posed was in them not getting a shutout.