Upcoming USAW Events

SAC

Does anyone have information on upcoming TN USAW events? Are there any meetings planned to discuss what the next year has in-store, or lessons learned from the last one... It would be awesome if we could find a way to get a bunch of coaches together. Maybe would could even get someone like Bryan Medlin down. It'd be cool to have him share what Illinois has done to be so successful as of late.

I think the Chattanooga area and other TN coaches have done a great job getting Daniel Dennis as well as others in the fold for TN, so no need to bring someone else in. That and considering the fact TN had a number of AA's this year leads me to believe out coaches are doing a good job. Only improvements I would suggest is getting our numbers up for summer wrestling, but that's not the fault of the coaches by any means. 

My suggestion about inviting Medlin down was geared toward to getting coaches in the state together with him to hear what Illinois did to garner the success it's had in recent years. There was nothing ill intended by thinking we might be able to create a road map for our state. If it came across that way my apologies.

Edited by SAC

2 hours ago, SAC said:

My suggestion about inviting Medlin down was geared toward to getting coaches in the state together with him to hear what Illinois did to garner the success it's had in recent years. There was nothing ill intended by thinking we might be able to create a road map for our state. If it came across that way my apologies.

No worries, I think TN is definitely on the right track though. We've got some great coaches all over the state now, pretty soon we'll start seeing the results of all of their hard work.

7 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

I think the Chattanooga area and other TN coaches have done a great job getting Daniel Dennis as well as others in the fold for TN, so no need to bring someone else in. That and considering the fact TN had a number of AA's this year leads me to believe out coaches are doing a good job. Only improvements I would suggest is getting our numbers up for summer wrestling, but that's not the fault of the coaches by any means. 

I agree that the addition of Dan Dennis has been great for the Chattanooga area and believe that his impact will spread throughout the entire state of TN. But what does bringing in someone like Bryan Medlin hurt?  He could run a camp for the wrestlers, then a session for TN coaches that is geared around increasing participation, training ideas, fundraising etc. 

13 hours ago, HighLevel said:

I agree that the addition of Dan Dennis has been great for the Chattanooga area and believe that his impact will spread throughout the entire state of TN. But what does bringing in someone like Bryan Medlin hurt?  He could run a camp for the wrestlers, then a session for TN coaches that is geared around increasing participation, training ideas, fundraising etc. 

It would not hurt anything and would only add to what Tennessee already has at this time.  It's like having an open practice room.  Some coaches want to close their room for fear some kid will come in and figure out how to beat their kid.  Other coaches say come one come all and if we can't beat our workout partners we don't deserve to win.  

On 8/26/2018 at 12:58 PM, JSamson7 said:

No need to bring someone else in?!? That's the dumbest darn thing I have heard in my life. So Tennessee is so good now all they need are the coaches they have? Obviously there are alot of states doing better than us that we should be more then willing to accept there help. Fun fact every cadet all american Tennessee had wrestled with each other pretty much all summer in one area of the state. Another fun fact 2 of those all americans will not wrestle in Tennessee this year. I love Tennessee and think we are growing and making huge jumps but still nowhere near where we need to be.    

• Like 2