EAGLEVILLE @ FORREST

GeneralForrest

24 minutes ago, MikeHoncho said:

None of these issues should have been a problem for a more physical Marshall County team.

When you run over a defender at the three and plow into the end zone and get up and say something which causes you to now have to kick an XP from nearly 40 yards out then clearly it did become a problem. 

If you think penalties and turnovers don’t cause more physical teams to lose games you don’t know much about football. 

23 minutes ago, Salem said:

When you run over a defender at the three and plow into the end zone and get up and say something which causes you to now have to kick an XP from nearly 40 yards out then clearly it did become a problem. 

If you think penalties and turnovers don’t cause more physical teams to lose games you don’t know much about football. 

I know enough not to make crazy predictions , claim to be a more physical team and then make excuses.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MikeHoncho said:

I know enough not to make crazy predictions , claim to be a more physical team and then make excuses.  

Anyone who watched the game or looks at the stats can see Forrest went up and down the field. Costly (questionable) penalties and turnovers were the difference in the game. Eagleville had two drives on short fields after fumbles in the 2nd half. They struggled to get first downs the rest of the game.  Best of luck the rest of the season. 

10 minutes ago, Salem said:

Anyone who watched the game or looks at the stats can see Forrest went up and down the field. Costly (questionable) penalties and turnovers were the difference in the game. Eagleville had two drives on short fields after fumbles in the 2nd half. They struggled to get first downs the rest of the game.  Best of luck the rest of the season. 

I looked at the only stat that matters

8 hours ago, cornerback10 said:

I would give next month’s salary for a Cornersville/Chapel Hill game.

CHS should be kicking the administration/ coaches’ tails that pulled out of this rivalry knowing your group was coming up. Outstanding group of players and coaches right now at the 37047.

#22 is the man but he has tons of help. I hope you win it all and I’ll do my part to rib the CHS posters on here to keep y’all sharp and ready for playoff smack talk. :D

31 minutes ago, Salem said:

CHS should be kicking the administration/ coaches’ tails that pulled out of this rivalry knowing your group was coming up. Outstanding group of players and coaches right now at the 37047.

#22 is the man but he has tons of help. I hope you win it all and I’ll do my part to rib the CHS posters on here to keep y’all sharp and ready for playoff smack talk. :D

Are you sure on which admin/coaches pulled out???????

33 minutes ago, EHSEagles said:

I was surprised by that. Is it refs choice when to assess it?

The assessment was ok. EHS gets the choice to enforce on the extra point or kickoff since it was a deadball after the TD.

The problem was the penalty. The RB ran over to cornerback and scored. Another eagleville defender comes over late and bristles up against the Forrest receiver and both guys exchanged words. We got a 15 yarder at a crucial point to the game when all three players were jawing. No shoving and no yelling. I’ve seen much worse never flagged. Unless he let loose with some profanity I didn’t see a foul. I wa standing right on the fence where it happened.