Waverly at Fairview

rednecktiger31

5 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Congrats to the Jackets on the W. 

Watching Waverly tonight made me feel like I was watching a different team.

A lot I did not like. It was ugly. 

Our boys never quit though which I’m proud of. 

They definitely didn't quit. Them boys were wore slap out. As were ours. They ought to be though. They ran 25 miles up and down the field all night. :shock:

• Like 1

And another 1 score game. Good battle between both offenses for sure. I did see a couple things I liked from the changes this week but think they'll only work with a mixture of our normal style of play. It's been a tough past 2 games but they boys have shown they plan to give it their all til the end, that's a lot to say. 2 losses and both losses Waverly still manages to put 42 on the board. Next week will be a different beast but just gotta remember all of this early season action should toughen us up for the post season.

Good luck on their rest of the season Fairview.

10 hours ago, Trollin said:

Looks like McConnell completely changed the offense. Not the high powered fast offense we’re use to. Defense needs to step it up. Fairview scoring too easily. Hopefully we made good halftime adjustments 

He changed the offense to try to get some first downs and keep Fairview's offense off of the field.  It was a great gameplan.  Fairview has had great success against Waverly these last 5 years going 4-1 and only losing a double OT affair.  Both teams got better from this game and will go on to have great seasons.  

37 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

He changed the offense to try to get some first downs and keep Fairview's offense off of the field.  It was a great gameplan.  Fairview has had great success against Waverly these last 5 years going 4-1 and only losing a double OT affair.  Both teams got better from this game and will go on to have great seasons.  

I thought at one time Fairview was about to really pull out in front of the Tigers. We were up by 22 points halfway through the 3rd quarter. Seemed like Hughes got a little too conservative after that and let Waverly claw back a little too close for comfort. He probably assumed our tackling would have been better than it was. It was horrible. There were several HUGE plays Waverly made when we had them tangled up for a big loss or even a turnover on downs. Only for them to come out of the pile still running and converting the first down or even scoring. Hats off to Waverly for fighting back and making those plays.