Greenback at Oliver Springs

orngnblk

I have watched this game a few times now and have a few opinions.  Whoever said the line played bad was wrong. Total dominance on the defensive line all night long . Offensive line was solid but it seemed like we just had some untimely mistakes and they cost us on sustaining drives . Skill players really dropped the ball literally and figuratively. QB was 7 of 22 with about 7 drops . Running backs have got to do a better job when in max protect all season they have whiffed when pass blocking real weak effort there . The backs aren't hitting the hole hard with the exception of #36 who hits it hard every time. Couple of Running backs try to get to the edge everytime and never make it, gotta put your foot in the ground and turn up field.

After watching the replay of the whole game not just clips it was evident we were just off . Zero rhythm in all aspects of the offense. I don't really think Oliver Springs had a lot to do with it we were just off. Oh well I think we get it back Thursday night. 

P.s. someone please get #17 on the pickle juice poor kid is cramping every single game.

8 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I have watched this game a few times now and have a few opinions.  Whoever said the line played bad was wrong. Total dominance on the defensive line all night long . Offensive line was solid but it seemed like we just had some untimely mistakes and they cost us on sustaining drives . Skill players really dropped the ball literally and figuratively. QB was 7 of 22 with about 7 drops . Running backs have got to do a better job when in max protect all season they have whiffed when pass blocking real weak effort there . The backs aren't hitting the hole hard with the exception of #36 who hits it hard every time. Couple of Running backs try to get to the edge everytime and never make it, gotta put your foot in the ground and turn up field.

After watching the replay of the whole game not just clips it was evident we were just off . Zero rhythm in all aspects of the offense. I don't really think Oliver Springs had a lot to do with it we were just off. Oh well I think we get it back Thursday night. 

P.s. someone please get #17 on the pickle juice poor kid is cramping every single game.

Most of your post i agree with.Our all state center was pushed back into the back field all night by 52 for OS he whipped us good.our big tall tackle is still holding,our guards looked like bull fighters at times not all night but at times.As i said earlier when they would block it was total domination so im not worried about it getting fixed because its there,so im not sure what you didnt see but that is fact and i would never argue with one of our fans and of course former team mate so i say this out of respect BH.

I will say this our D line whipped them good most of the night,their O couldnt do nothing.

Edited by orngnblk

59 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Most of your post i agree with.Our all state center was pushed back into the back field all night by 52 for OS he whipped us good.our big tall tackle is still holding,our guards looked like bull fighters at times not all night but at times.As i said earlier when they would block it was total domination so im not worried about it getting fixed because its there,so im not sure what you didnt see but that is fact and i would never argue with one of our fans and of course former team mate so i say this out of respect BH.

I will say this our D line whipped them good most of the night,their O couldnt do nothing.

I was way more disappointed in the skill positions than the line . Maybe they looked bad because of bad line play. I will watch again.

1 hour ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I wont edit my last post but will say after talking to someone very close to the lineplay i guess the few times they looked bad is what resonates in my memory.He wasnt upset with the lineplay as a whole either.Did mention that 52 was an outstanding player and got into our players head a little.So undoubtly i was not entirely correct.I dont get to watch game films so you and he of course would know more than i.

1 hour ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I agree with a lot of your post and agree with some of the passses that we’re dropped should have been caught but there was some just bad passes and I’m not knocking any of our players when I say that either. When they line up in a three man front we have to be able to run the ball. We were trying to throw the ball in cover two which is fine if you run the right routes but when they went cover 0 we still tried to run instead of throw. We were off on several things imo!! 

26 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

I agree with a lot of your post and agree with some of the passses that we’re dropped should have been caught but there was some just bad passes and I’m not knocking any of our players when I say that either. When they line up in a three man front we have to be able to run the ball. We were trying to throw the ball in cover two which is fine if you run the right routes but when they went cover 0 we still tried to run instead of throw. We were off on several things imo!! 

This is the time to get it straight.

5 hours ago, Gbnation said:

I agree with all this we were definitely off. Hopefully looking ahead to Grace. I will take the win though 1 point or 40 on to the next one. One more thing since I have been complaining about everything. The QB needs to quit locking in on his primary as soon as the ball is snapped. I'm sure it will be addressed . 

Just now, GHSblackhelmet said:

I agree with all this we were definitely off. Hopefully looking ahead to Grace. I will take the win though 1 point or 40 on to the next one. One more thing since I have been complaining about everything. The QB needs to quit locking in on his primary as soon as the ball is snapped. I'm sure it will be addressed . 

OS was sitting on us and almost picked a few.You are correct!

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

OS was sitting on us and almost picked a few.You are correct!

We needed a game like this!! Glad we pulled it out. Maybe we won’t here no more at half time about winning a ring last year because if that’s all that we have on our mind is what happened last year then it will be an early exit come playoff time. This team can make it back but NOT the way that we have been playing!!