Time to move Alcoa to 6A

coachrus

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

BC what did I tell you earlier, I said the funny thing is that the county people are so stupid they still think Maryville has something to do with it. The kid that came to Maryville was a total surprise to me when it happened. I'm pretty sure there was something that happened on the bus tour to Lenior City that Friday Night that may have lead to that decision. Up in Smoke. The last time I went down Morganton Road I didn't notice any thing but homes being built on farmland. The only ones that were displaced from that were some racoons, possums and squirrels  but no WB football players.

Yeah! Well think how many high quality football players MOVING IN! that WB lost out on from those new big ol houses. Maryville know what they wuz a do'n......

1 minute ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yeah! Well think how many high quality football players MOVING IN! that WB lost out on from those new big ol houses. Maryville know what they wuz a do'n......

BC I used to get started in the mornings a couple of years ago at a little Exxon across from a big subdivision in Maryville on Sevierville Road and there were kids that came into the store from that city subdivision with their Heritage football stuff on all the time on their way to school. If WB is that close and the houses are in the city the same will happen there. There will be those kids that want to go where they can play. A new house isn't going to create a new football player unless the buyer for that home is from another area. Everyone in Blount County can go trade houses today with each other but it isn't going to change one player. The same goes if Alcoa did let a hundred new kids in that school today there will not be any new players. All the kids that are out for football today is all there will be. Mr. Bell is a very smart man and he knows that also. That extra 100 are going to be Pokemon Go players. Their as useless as  T i T T i e s  on a bullfrog.

20 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

BC I used to get started in the mornings a couple of years ago at a little Exxon across from a big subdivision in Maryville on Sevierville Road and there were kids that came into the store from that city subdivision with their Heritage football stuff on all the time on their way to school. If WB is that close and the houses are in the city the same will happen there. There will be those kids that want to go where they can play. A new house isn't going to create a new football player unless the buyer for that home is from another area. Everyone in Blount County can go trade houses today with each other but it isn't going to change one player. The same goes if Alcoa did let a hundred new kids in that school today there will not be any new players. All the kids that are out for football today is all there will be. Mr. Bell is a very smart man and he knows that also. That extra 100 are going to be Pokemon Go players. Their as useless as  T i T T i e s  on a bullfrog.

Would like to know a bit more about the disgruntled qb situation.....:cool:

Another player out of the Alcoa pipeline that had scores against us a couple weeks ago...:thumb:

Edited by Throwdeslant
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

BC what did I tell you earlier, I said the funny thing is that the county people are so stupid they still think Maryville has something to do with it. The kid that came to Maryville was a total surprise to me when it happened. I'm pretty sure there was something that happened on the bus tour to Lenior City that Friday Night that may have lead to that decision. Up in Smoke. The last time I went down Morganton Road I didn't notice any thing but homes being built on farmland. The only ones that were displaced from that were some racoons, possums and squirrels  but no WB football players.

Barn,

BC population is booming and will likely continue to do so. When BC consolidated into two schools, got rid of smaller community based smaller schools to save a few bucks, they sold their soul.

A kid that lives 16 miles from a school, but grew up in Lanier, Walland, etc had little emotional ties to WB or A&M. When they graduated, they didn't have as much loyalty to new school because they still identified with their community school they had grown up in.

A lot of those folks that would have graduated between 1980 and 1990, that still identified with the small, community schools decided it was best to send their kid to a situation that was more positive than the one they experienced.

At the Maryville/Alcoa game I saw no less than 20 folks that went to WB when I did that are now sending the kids to Maryville.  And that was when I was in the concession line or the bathroom, imagine what it was in the stands. I can only think of 1 WB football player from 84-87 that sent their kid to play at WB

Folks that move in from other areas have no loyalty to a local school, so they will go to the best situation for them.

Maybe the kids that graduated after 1990 will be more likely to send there kids to the school they graduated from to play FB, but we'll have to wait and see

the truth of the matter is a kid should go where they and their parents think is best for them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Don't know anything about the situation you speak of. I just go to the games and watch them and what goes on inside the team isn't my business. If someone is mad and wanting to leave over playing time it wouldn't be the first time. 

You seem to always be in Alcoa’s business. Sounds like you should focus on your teams business. There seems to be a bunch of it going on over there! :thumb:

13 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Barn,

BC population is booming and will likely continue to do so. When BC consolidated into two schools, got rid of smaller community based smaller schools to save a few bucks, they sold their soul.

A kid that lives 16 miles from a school, but grew up in Lanier, Walland, etc had little emotional ties to WB or A&M. When they graduated, they didn't have as much loyalty to new school because they still identified with their community school they had grown up in.

A lot of those folks that would have graduated between 1980 and 1990, that still identified with the small, community schools decided it was best to send their kid to a situation that was more positive than the one they experienced.

At the Maryville/Alcoa game I saw no less than 20 folks that went to WB when I did that are now sending the kids to Maryville.  And that was when I was in the concession line or the bathroom, imagine what it was in the stands. I can only think of 1 WB football player from 84-87 that sent their kid to play at WB

Folks that move in from other areas have no loyalty to a local school, so they will go to the best situation for them.

Maybe the kids that graduated after 1990 will be more likely to send there kids to the school they graduated from to play FB, but we'll have to wait and see

the truth of the matter is a kid should go where they and their parents think is best for them.

I see a lot of the same with ex-Maryville Players kids going to the county schools. One of the biggest reasons I know so many kids on all the teams are from knowing the parents through work or their dad played at Maryville. The biggest difference I see today that I didn't in my time is all the parents that are to involved loudly. I'm not talking about the ones that help the program in anyway possible but the type that show up at practices running their mouth telling how it should be and on and on which is a coaches biggest nightmare and every group has one of them. When I played if a parent was there at practice something must of happened at home. Now those type show up at practice and make sure they tell the right gossipers what is on their minds and leave hoping the fire they set spreads to the coach.

• Like 2

• CoachT locked this topic