Time to move Alcoa to 6A

coachrus

I went Monday to watch Alcoa and Maryville Freshmen and JV games but Smack em Lips would only send over the JV team because he claimed they didn't have enough Freshmen to make a game so we had to settle for a junior high game afterwards against Kingston. Even though Maryville won the game I would like to mention Alcoa had a real good QB and I would consider him to have been their MVP that day. I personally think your QB issue is solved from what I seen Monday.

sjfp.jpg

1 minute ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I went Monday to watch Alcoa and Maryville Freshmen and JV games but Smack em Lips would only send over the JV team because he claimed they didn't have enough Freshmen to make a game so we had to settle for a junior high game afterwards against Kingston. Even though Maryville won the game I would like to mention Alcoa had a real good QB and I would consider him to have been their MVP that day. I personally think your QB issue is solved from what I seen Monday.

sjfp.jpg

That score was the JV game. Alcoa had about 35 players (me counting from the stands). There was 19 Freshmen. 

Alcoa rotated 51 players onto the varsity game. Hence the depth impact in that game. Since those players can not play regardless if they are Freshmen or Sophomores, Alcoa was pretty thin for that JV game. Alcoa's #17 that did play at QB is currently the #2 QB.

Maryville's QB #12 and RB #24 are very good!

Not sure a true Freshmen game was played?

On 9/8/2018 at 4:47 AM, BatmanDevil said:

Alcoa is right where they are supposed to be.People are just going to have to live with the fact that Alcoa and Maryville are the two best in their own class most every year and can beat most teams nomatter what class they are in. Be glad they don't build a school right between the two and consolidate.

Here’s what gets me tickled. Maryville and Alcoa win Title after Title but never finish in the top 25 in the nation. Wonder why? Tennessee Football is soft compared to other teams in the South. Top teams from Ms, Ga, Bama and Florida would Run Train on them. Maryville is scared to go out of State. Keep your Trophies. Paper Champs. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, goldberg3343 said:

Here’s what gets me tickled. Maryville and Alcoa win Title after Title but never finish in the top 25 in the nation. Wonder why? Tennessee Football is soft compared to other teams in the South. Top teams from Ms, Ga, Bama and Florida would Run Train on them. Maryville is scared to go out of State. Keep your Trophies. Paper Champs. 

I laughed.....

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

That score was the JV game. Alcoa had about 35 players (me counting from the stands). There was 19 Freshmen. 

Alcoa rotated 51 players onto the varsity game. Hence the depth impact in that game. Since those players can not play regardless if they are Freshmen or Sophomores, Alcoa was pretty thin for that JV game. Alcoa's #17 that did play at QB is currently the #2 QB.

Maryville's QB #12 and RB #24 are very good!

Not sure a true Freshmen game was played?

No freshman game was played.

16 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

sjfp.jpg

Kingston? Alcoa could have brought the Middle school team on the same bus with the JV team. :ph34r:

17 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

sjfp.jpg

Like this pic much better!

:thumb:jrcyv9.jpg

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Will that be what the future might look like or might it be a Kodak Memory just to look at for the next seven years.

I don't think Alcoa"s next win will take as long. B)

Build it and they will come!

Alcoa has increased their enrollment by a little over a 100 students with the new HS. They put the brakes on at 650 on purpose.  It will be bumped another 100 students soon.

Even the 100 students has helped with depth with quality players. Another 100?.......:thumb:

3 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

I don't think Alcoa"s next win will take as long. B)

Build it and they will come!

Alcoa has increased their enrollment by a little over a 100 students with the new HS. They put the brakes on at 650 on purpose.  It will be bumped another 100 students soon.

Even the 100 students has helped with depth with quality players. Another 100?.......:thumb:

Scary thing is if you bump it another 100 you’ll still be in 3A!!  But if you ever did make it to 4A and decided to play up in 5A I can hear all the crying and running now LOL!!!

• CoachT locked this topic