Are the 2A Top Teams starting to show separation from the pack?

PeabodyPride

8 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Not a Waverly "homer"...just a football fan who has mad respect for McConnell and his squad. The Waverly team of two years ago had a ruthless defense, the entire team swarmed to the ball, and kids tackled with perfect form...that doesn't happen by accident. If this years version of the Tigers start playing halfway reminiscent of that, they will be a formidable team because the defense would not have to make many stops for the offense to outdistance most 2A offenses. Not a prediction...just an observation.

The defense we had then was something special. I dont expect our D this year to ever get close to that. We just need some simple stops. Complete the play on 3rd and long and don't give up the big plays.

8 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Waverly people have the ability to plead their case willingly. I encourage it. One question... do you Waverly faithful think you can beat a Peabody or Columbia Academy team this year? I do think Waverly has the ability to compete in a shootout with anybody but it only takes one or 2 stops to win a game like that considering the other team just may take longer to score. 

I will be able to to answer that question later on in the yr. I like to go watch whatever R7 games I can if waverly is off or has a game against a team that is really down. I have seen TCA and Adamsville so far and plan on watching the tide a couple of times. Its really early in the season. But I will say this if people say waverly isnt going to be able to do much this yr they are in for a rude awakening. 

12 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I will be able to to answer that question later on in the yr. I like to go watch whatever R7 games I can if waverly is off or has a game against a team that is really down. I have seen TCA and Adamsville so far and plan on watching the tide a couple of times. Its really early in the season. But I will say this if people say waverly isnt going to be able to do much this yr they are in for a rude awakening. 

Waverly is a top 10 team in state for 2A and if the D gets stronger they are elite!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Not one of those teams should be within 28 points of you all,i am confident they wouldnt come that close to us if we were 2A.Cake walk to the semis!!!

This was an example to someone about how playoffs are done that wasn't my prediction for the year.

6 hours ago, Trollin said:

Does Meigs play anybody tough in the regular season or do they have a cupcake schedule? Just curious because I’m a West guy and don’t know. I just see scores.

Honestly our schedule is pretty easy going  forward. We had an easy first 3 games.  Fridays game we just had was probably our hardest game on the schedule this year until playoffs. Oneida is normally good and is a decent game for us and Rockwood seems to be down from last year. But wont be a pushover. You never know until it's all said and done, but we should be 10-0 hitting the playoffs. If no injuries and we continue to play like we have.

4 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Not a Waverly "homer"...just a football fan who has mad respect for McConnell and his squad. The Waverly team of two years ago had a ruthless defense, the entire team swarmed to the ball, and kids tackled with perfect form...that doesn't happen by accident. If this years version of the Tigers start playing halfway reminiscent of that, they will be a formidable team because the defense would not have to make many stops for the offense to outdistance most 2A offenses. Not a prediction...just an observation.

I have no doubt. If your defensive ability to stop was as good as your offensive ability to score, you would win every game 70-2 or there abouts. Waverly without a doubt has to be a fun team to watch.

38 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I font think any of those teams have a winning record do they? 

yes... Summertown is .500 but that's it. 

I would say Lipscomb is a good team just missing a couple good skills position players. Their loses are to Ensworth by 8 and PJPII by 10 which are all very good DII AAA teams. 

But when these schedules were made you would have thought Nashville Christian, Spring Hill and Lipscomb were going to be better teams than they are this year. 

All that being said CA is still a Top 5 team in AA at the end of the year (if healthy) in my opinion. This year's team is a lot better defensively and running attack than last years. If anything the passing game at this point is behind where it was at the end of last year.   

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dunc4265 said:

I would say Lipscomb is a good team just missing a couple good skills position players. Their loses are to Ensworth by 8 and PJPII by 10 which are all very good DII AAA teams. 

But when these schedules were made you would have thought Nashville Christian, Spring Hill and Lipscomb were going to be better teams than they are this year. 

All that being said CA is still a Top 5 team in AA at the end of the year (if healthy) in my opinion. This year's team is a lot better defensively and running attack than last years. If anything the passing game at this point is behind where it was at the end of last year.   

Good post. Very informative

4 hours ago, Dunc4265 said:

I figured Spring Hill would be better than they was so far. Hopefully we can get a rematch with CA this yr.