GCA at Greenback

orngnblk

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Them ther boys from Greenback will be ready for this year's helmet tossing  event!!!

They been practicing pumpkin chunkin! You think I'm joking but I'm not!

punkin-chunkin-championships.jpg.0f1d8789186b6fad408944f092502ced.jpg

Maple Lane Farms will be providing special helmets for this Thursday's helmet tossing contest!B)

pumpkin1copy.jpg.058d3afb77600aa3562a65696cd65272.jpg

Cherokees punkin helmet with Classic  old school Cherokee Spear! 

GOONS gotta see this!:-o

Leave it to the goons!Im not that creative.See you thursday!Bring Roys goat for good luck it helped you all with the Maryville win.I heard you all took VICtory laps on it.

By the way that pic is awesome!:lol:

Edited by orngnblk

After watching film of GCA vs Webb, TKA, and Boyd, our secondary will not be able to play soft coverage or Bradley will call quick game until we decide to adjust. And that’s not just the cornerbacks, the safeties are gonna have to come up and make some tackles too. This game will come down to: can GB keep their eyes in the right place in the secondary, can we pressure the QB, and can we run the ball to set up the passing game. Their best receiver is #25 about 6’4” 220 or so pounds. We will have to keep him in check and make Kirby use the other receivers, which he will. And when we make a good play, it’s okay to get excited with your teammates. We sometimes have a bad habit of wanting to taunt and stand out as individuals. Can’t have that this game.

8 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

After watching film of GCA vs Webb, TKA, and Boyd, our secondary will not be able to play soft coverage or Bradley will call quick game until we decide to adjust. And that’s not just the cornerbacks, the safeties are gonna have to come up and make some tackles too. This game will come down to: can GB keep their eyes in the right place in the secondary, can we pressure the QB, and can we run the ball to set up the passing game. Their best receiver is #25 about 6’4” 220 or so pounds. We will have to keep him in check and make Kirby use the other receivers, which he will. And when we make a good play, it’s okay to get excited with your teammates. We sometimes have a bad habit of wanting to taunt and stand out as individuals. Can’t have that this game.

Great assessment!

1 hour ago, cherokee23 said:

Here's the real key.....can the Cherokees produce a consistent pass rush with the LB's dropping back into coverage to help defend quick routes?

Give the Grace QB time and his Receivers will get open. If you sell out with an all out blitz, you better know there the safety valve is. :popcorneater:

16 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Here's the real key.....can the Cherokees produce a consistent pass rush with the LB's dropping back into coverage to help defend quick routes?

Give the Grace QB time and his Receivers will get open. If you sell out with an all out blitz, you better know there the safety valve is. :popcorneater:

And more times than not, that safety valve can really hurt you if you don’t pick it up.

18 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

These are my questions also!

20 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

27 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I thought you were gonna be quiet.:popcorneater:

You know better than that! I just couldn't resist when I saw your "great assessment" comment. It really wasn't that great...it was good, but not great. BC....now, he's on to something.

I'm curious to see how your helmet thrower does in his return to action.:popcorneater:

13 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

You know better than that! I just couldn't resist when I saw your "great assessment" comment. It really wasn't that great...it was good, but not great. BC....now, he's on to something.

I'm curious to see how your helmet thrower does in his return to action.:popcorneater:

.....it will take a lot to slow your feller down. Best Receiver Alcoa has faced this year.

Just now, BCsportsfan said:

.....it will take a lot to slow your feller down. Best Receiver Alcoa has faced this year.

Thank you for saying that. It means a lot coming from fans of such a great program. He and I were stoked when you all pulled off the win v Maryville. Good luck the rest of the year....not that you'll need any.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

I knew you couldnt too much at stake for you all to keep the streak alive.I am not very confident too be honest.You all do well what we dont.As BC says we have to establish a pass rush up front so our LB can cover the middle of the field.We have some kids playing better on the Dline but i dont know how we match up with yours.This will be an interesting week fo sho!

• Like 1