GCA at Greenback

orngnblk

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Did he even have a catch?

Nope. Never been shut out in his career until tonight. Before I say my peace, so I can sleep tonight, I want to say how great it was to meet 32hammer tonight. I really do appreciate you coming over and making sure I hadn't stroked out at halftime. It was good talking with you. I look forward to many more back n forths on here over the coming years.

Now.........Kudos to the Cherokees players and coaches for a job well done! That was a butt whoopin' of grand scale. Your coaches completely schemed my boy out of the game on both sides of the ball. And, we did absolutely nothing to try and get him the ball. Instead we used him to push the defense deep and throw back underneath. It didn't take a smart kid like #23 and a few of his quick friends long to figure that program out. Two targets for #26 in the game doesn't cut it, especially, when one was behind him at his feet and the other into what turned out to be 3 defenders and an INT. Your coaches learned from Webb, shut off the middle and bracketed him to the outside with Holden over the top. You made our other guys beat you. It was the same script as last week with Howard and Boruff over the top. It will likely be the same script the rest of the season, if we don't figure some things out.

I could (but I won't) say a lot of things out of frustration tonight, none of which would be anything negative toward the Cherokee team that completely outplayed our Rams tonight. I believe earlier in this thread I pretty much called the guys on your team that could hurt us, even that very talented kicker of yours. I've raved about #23 since last year, and it is certainly warranted. We obviously didn't try and account for him with anything but one db, and you see how that worked out. He's going to be a GREAT WR. He's darn near there now. Your other burners and the qb hurt us running/rolling out to our weak side of the D. But, the main thing I was worried about all week was the line play and discipline. We got killed on both accounts. We got pushed around on the line and we let receivers get loose when they should not have.

Well done Cherokees. Good luck the rest of the year. I hope you get that coveted undefeated season and another gold ball. This group deserves it! Back to the drawing board for us. This will be quite the test of our small senior class and their leadership.

46 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Well the other you ask me at the gas station what I thought and I told you go watch the Webb replay and that should tell you all that you need to know. The one thing that surprised me was most if not all the starters were in there real late in the game. What are there left to prove when it's 48-7. Seen more games in my lifetime like that where you lose the key player on either side and there goes the season.

Well when you hate a team you want hang a hundo on em. We did mostly run the ball in the 2nd half and to our defense we only have 28 kids total we could have played our other 8th graders I guess but we only have so many lineman and a few skill players. 

8 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I know I just saw where I forgot to mention them ! They owned GCA on both sides of the ball! It's just nice to know that one of the 5 smallest schools in the state that plays sports can go up against a private school juggernaut from Knoxville and prevail victorious. What is so bad about my line omission is that they were the most dominant aspect of the game. Again great game to all!!! Thanks for pointing out my flaw Sum1

Absolutely THE KEY TO THIS GAME. Well done GB linemen. Well done.

This post is a little funny to me though. Never once have I heard anyone call Grace Christian Academy a private school juggernaut.....that's hilarious! Maybe Catholic North, Webb or CAK with almost (or more than) double our numbers, but not GCA. We've got a LONG way to go to be a juggernaut, except maybe in basketball. 

3 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Nope. Never been shut out in his career until tonight. Before I say my peace, so I can sleep tonight, I want to say how great it was to meet 32hammer tonight. I really do appreciate you coming over and making sure I hadn't stroked out at halftime. It was good talking with you. I look forward to many more back n forths on here over the coming years.

Now.........Kudos to the Cherokees players and coaches for a job well done! That was a butt whoopin' of grand scale. Your coaches completely schemed my boy out of the game on both sides of the ball. And, we did absolutely nothing to try and get him the ball. Instead we used him to push the defense deep and throw back underneath. It didn't take a smart kid like #23 and a few of his quick friends long to figure that program out. Two targets for #26 in the game doesn't cut it, especially, when one was behind him at his feet and the other into what turned out to be 3 defenders and an INT. Your coaches learned from Webb, shut off the middle and bracketed him to the outside with Holden over the top. You made our other guys beat you. It was the same script as last week with Howard and Boruff over the top. It will likely be the same script the rest of the season, if we don't figure some things out.

I could (but I won't) say a lot of things out of frustration tonight, none of which would be anything negative toward the Cherokee team that completely outplayed our Rams tonight. I believe earlier in this thread I pretty much called the guys on your team that could hurt us, even that very talented kicker of yours. I've raved about #23 since last year, and it is certainly warranted. We obviously didn't try and account for him with anything but one db, and you see how that worked out. He's going to be a GREAT WR. He's darn near there now. Your other burners and the qb hurt us running/rolling out to our weak side of the D. But, the main thing I was worried about all week was the line play and discipline. We got killed on both accounts. We got pushed around on the line and we let receivers get loose when they should not have.

Well done Cherokees. Good luck the rest of the year. I hope you get that coveted undefeated season and another gold ball. This group deserves it! Back to the drawing board for us. This will be quite the test of our small senior class and their leadership.

Total class act and your son is a great receiver,I hate that he didn't get more touches. I just think Greenback wanted it more, coaches, players and fans heck we all spent thousands this week to buy Beat Grace! Shirts. Your boy has nothing to hang his head about he is a great player and I hope he has much success the rest of the year.

• Like 1

Just now, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Absolutely THE KEY TO THIS GAME. Well done GB linemen. Well done.

This post is a little funny to me though. Never once have I heard anyone call Grace Christian Academy a private school juggernaut.....that's hilarious! Maybe Catholic North, Webb or CAK with almost (or more than) double our numbers, but not GCA. We've got a LONG way to go to be a juggernaut, except maybe in basketball. 

Ahhh I'm just talking trash friend . I grew up hating all private schools in Knoxville because they were some of our best competitors. And they loved to let us know we would be working for them some day! Lol 

Just now, GHSblackhelmet said:

Ahhh I'm just talking trash friend . I grew up hating all private schools in Knoxville because they were some of our best competitors. And they loved to let us know we would be working for them some day! Lol 

Thank you for the kind comments. I can't speak for any of our other players, but I think I can speak for mine. He's had some epic battles over the years playing against you guys in baseball and football. I can assure you, there was nobody who wanted this game any more than him. When he was asked last year what his favorite memory of the season was, he emphatically said "beating Greenback!" You should take that as a compliment and nothing more. He knows good competition and he enjoys going up against it. 

I've got two Baconators waiting on him.....hoping that will help him not be so butt hurt over this one. Its going to linger a good while, I'm sure. I guess that I'm going to have to find a couple of UT v UF tix to help forget about this one.....not that I can afford them. Man, they're pricey!!! :(  

Very good showing by a very good team. I was at the semifinal game vs SP last year and went to Cookeville last year with you guys. I thought that team was good. This team is much better than last years team, even missing #6. I was very impressed and it will take a monster to beat this team or self destruction, which I don’t see either happening. Great to see some good friends again. Even had ole BlueGene call the AD to get me a special parking spot. Good to see blackhelmet and ox over in the truck on our side. I’ve got two complaints about them; 1. They didn’t reach in the Yeti and offer me a water. 2. Blackhemet kept yelling “Fake News” every time I tried to do my job. I say revoke their pass Casteel! Good times guys, I enjoyed it. And with any trip to see Greenback play, my highlight is always catching up with Brother Leroy and having him share his special words of wisdom with me. :roflolk: Congrats on getting that monkey off your backs. Been a long time coming. 

7 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Well the other you ask me at the gas station what I thought and I told you go watch the Webb replay and that should tell you all that you need to know. The one thing that surprised me was most if not all the starters were in there real late in the game. What are there left to prove when it's 48-7. Seen more games in my lifetime like that where you lose the key player on either side and there goes the season.

You were right Barn,we have just been beat by those guys so much i just needed to see it happen....IT DID!

7 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You were right Barn,we have been beaten by this bunch so much i just needed to see it....i did!

We don't have much depth barn and are back ups are small Grace kept the big boys in we don't have a whole lot of choice don't want to get a little guy hurt

Edited by orngnblk

6 hours ago, gcapride said:

Very good showing by a very good team. I was at the semifinal game vs SP last year and went to Cookeville last year with you guys. I thought that team was good. This team is much better than last years team, even missing #6. I was very impressed and it will take a monster to beat this team or self destruction, which I don’t see either happening. Great to see some good friends again. Even had ole BlueGene call the AD to get me a special parking spot. Good to see blackhelmet and ox over in the truck on our side. I’ve got two complaints about them; 1. They didn’t reach in the Yeti and offer me a water. 2. Blackhemet kept yelling “Fake News” every time I tried to do my job. I say revoke their pass Casteel! Good times guys, I enjoyed it. And with any trip to see Greenback play, my highlight is always catching up with Brother Leroy and having him share his special words of wisdom with me. :roflolk: Congrats on getting that monkey off your backs. Been a long time coming. 

Always welcome my friend!Leroy says HUGS AND KISSES!:roflol: