Macon and Trousdale

football6

I left at half. I personally don’t believe the rain slowed TC down in the first half. The field is in great shape and the only change is a wet ball. Yes MC had a guy open on 1 play and over threw him but that was it. There game plan was to keep the ball away from TC. Heck 5 mins into the game MC has run 5 plays. Their game plan kept the score low. The first offensive drive for tc was sloppy but they scored on their 2nd which due to the MC game plan game in the 2nd qrt. 

Mr Taylor, good luck going forward. Keep your peeps off Shoulders’ back and let him do his job. He will get them going again no doubt. 

8 minutes ago, TCnation said:

Not agreeing with you, just tired of debating your absurdity. Good luck to your Tigers the rest of the way!

Absurdity? I think it is absurd anyone can say a 0-0 game went to 14-0 in 4 minutes due to a blocked punt and fumble but the rain had no bearing on that. It just isn’t a logical conclusion.

We will need some luck on our side to win many more games, but I am proud of the boys and coaches for the way they fought tonight. Good luck to TC! I hope 8 is your answer, as I would love to come watch TC late in the playoffs. I just don’t know that will happen and if it doesn’t, it will be a huge disappointment for what this TC team is capable of.

Edited by wtaylor

7 minutes ago, wtaylor said:

Absurdity? I think it is absurd anyone can say a 0-0 game went to 14-0 in 4 minutes due to a blocked punt and fumble but the rain had no bearing on that. It just isn’t a logical conclusion.

We will need some luck on our side to win many more games, but I am proud of the boys and coaches for the way they fought tonight. Good luck to TC! I hope 8 is your answer, as I would love to come watch TC late in the playoffs. I just don’t know that will happen and if it doesn’t, it will be a huge disappointment for what this TC team is capable of.

You will play same TC team next year. Heck TC started 5 sophomores tonight and 3 juniors 

Edited by Jacketsalumn02

18 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

I left at half. I personally don’t believe the rain slowed TC down in the first half. The field is in great shape and the only change is a wet ball. Yes MC had a guy open on 1 play and over threw him but that was it. There game plan was to keep the ball away from TC. Heck 5 mins into the game MC has run 5 plays. Their game plan kept the score low. The first offensive drive for tc was sloppy but they scored on their 2nd which due to the MC game plan game in the 2nd qrt. 

Mr Taylor, good luck going forward. Keep your peeps off Shoulders’ back and let him do his job. He will get them going again no doubt. 

Thanks! We all know TC was the better team, but I would have liked to have seen the rain hold off just to see if Macon could have pulled off the gameplan for 48 minutes and kept the game closer than it ended up being.

Shoulders doesn’t have a lot of talent at his disposal, but the boys are playing hard. That is enough for me. Macon is not some football dynasty like TC is and will never be. I like for us to be competitive and win a few games against teams we match up with. Shoulders had a great gameplan tonight and I was pleasantly surprised we were able to perform as well as we did. I thought 50 or 60-0 was a possibility. 

Edited by wtaylor

3 minutes ago, Jacketsalumn02 said:

You will play same TC team next year. Heck TC started 5 sophomores tonight and 3 juniors 

Trust me, I am well aware of that. I am sure the MC gameplan will be very similar. I have stated a few times, that TC has a run of talent where they could win 2-3 championships in a row. I am a TC fan when they don’t play Macon, but I am concerned TC isn’t coming around to what I thought they would be. I honestly thought 15-0 was a strong possibility and that TC would blow almost everyone out. The defense has been really good, but the offense just hasn’t seemed to click. Maybe 8 will solve that issue. I personally think you miss your WR from last year. He was solid and always seemed to make a play in the throw game when you needed it. I don’t see that WR type guy out there this year. Someone will have to fill that role for TC to get where I thought they would which is a gold ball.

3 minutes ago, wtaylor said:

Trust me, I am well aware of that. I am sure the MC gameplan will be very similar. I have stated a few times, that TC has a run of talent where they could win 2-3 championships in a row. I am a TC fan when they don’t play Macon, but I am concerned TC isn’t coming around to what I thought they would be. I honestly thought 15-0 was a strong possibility and that TC would blow almost everyone out. The defense has been really good, but the offense just hasn’t seemed to click. Maybe 8 will solve that issue. I personally think you miss your WR from last year. He was solid and always seemed to make a play in the throw game when you needed it. I don’t see that WR type guy out there this year. Someone will have to fill that role for TC to get where I thought they would which is a gold ball.

I agree with you on one thing. The WR from last year was very good and is definitely missed. The sophomore #10 is gonna be good but he needs another year. 15-0 was not gonna happen without 8 at qb and it still might not have happened. Gotta remember TC been playing with a fullback at QB all year and still is 2 plays from being undefeated. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wtaylor said:

You are still adding in all the sacks in the second half when we had to throw. Macon had 25 yards rushing on the first two drives. I am not sure what you all are trying to accomplish. TC won. TC was going to win all along. But you can’t get on here and say that Macon didn’t have a great gameplan, take it to you in the first half, and barring a rainstorm it would have been 7-0 at worst going into halftime. The rain didn’t change the win or loss column, but it did affect Macon’s offense much more than TC’s.

I don’t understand how ran would hurt a non passing clock control offense if you call running the clock down to keep TC from completely embarrassing MC a good game plan than yes you can say that even with all that on first drive TC stop MC before the rain started 

30 minutes ago, RTD said:

I don’t understand how ran would hurt a non passing clock control offense if you call running the clock down to keep TC from completely embarrassing MC a good game plan than yes you can say that even with all that on first drive TC stop MC before the rain started 

Because the rain led to two quick scores for TC. That put Macon in a hole and forced them to try and do some things that were never going to work. It completely changed the gameplan. TC had a huge advantage up front. Typically in a rain event, the team that is bigger/stronger up front will have an advantage. Macon was not blowing TC off the ball early on, but using the FB almost like a guard to create angles and kick out defensive lineman. He was lined up closer to the QB than normal to do this. This also prevented the TC linebackers from reading guards and kept them on their heels for awhile. Once Macon got down 14-0, this game plan went away and they started to take some shots in the passing game. This led to some sacks and negative plays. I hope that explains it better.

Edited by wtaylor

22 minutes ago, geo1126 said:

Hats off to our coaches at Macon with the gameplan. I agree 100% with wtaylor. Besides upperman macon should win out and yes win the region. Very proud of my son #37 Will Talley last night! He had a great game like last year against Tc! 

So you think score should have been 21-7? And the rain gave TC 14 points?