Alcoa Tornadoes host Dobyns-Bennett and The Indian Tribe

BCsportsfan

1 hour ago, Throwdeslant said:

I've got a true and similar story with DB vs Alcoa in wrestling.My son apparently had already torn his knee up and was wrestling in  a weekend tournament.The match against the Alcoa heavyweight was a tough one on top of it.It was anyone's match late and the Alcoa wrestler got a nose bleed.There was a couple of delays but the match continued.My son's coach told him to cross the Alcoa wrestler's nose and make him  bleed.My son wouldn't do it and the match went until the end . Fortunately my son still won on points but when I ask why he wouldn't do what his coach wanted,his response was priceless.He said he didn't want a cheap victory and the other wrestler deserved a fair chance .That was one of my son's last matches and decided after surgery to just get his education .I think my son got it right when it comes to what sports was meant to be used for.Best of luck to both the DB and Alcoa players tonight and hopefully an injury free game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I've got a true and similar story with DB vs Alcoa in wrestling.My son apparently had already torn his knee up and was wrestling in  a weekend tournament.The match against the Alcoa heavyweight was a tough one on top of it.It was anyone's match late and the Alcoa wrestler got a nose bleed.There was a couple of delays but the match continued.My son's coach told him to cross the Alcoa wrestler's nose and make him  bleed.My son wouldn't do it and the match went until the end . Fortunately my son still won on points but when I ask why he wouldn't do what his coach wanted,his response was priceless.He said he didn't want a cheap victory and the other wrestler deserved a fair chance .That was one of my son's last matches and decided after surgery to just get his education .I think my son got it right when it comes to what sports was meant to be used for.Best of luck to both the DB and Alcoa players tonight and hopefully an injury free game.

He absolutely got it right. Nice!! :thumb:

20 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Wrestling stories make any forum post better. Actually, wrestling makes everything better. About what year was the match, I may have been coaching?

Just now, 32hammer said:

No I wasn't coaching at the time.

It's never easy for a parent to watch those last games,matches or whatever the sport.When you get right down to it .If our kids are happy and learn how to become men and women who can go out and provide for themselves and maybe a family of their own some day, that's what it's all about.However for tonight, it's about who will walk away the winner of a football game.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

It's never easy for a parent to watch those last games,matches or whatever the sport.When you get right down to it .If our kids are happy and learn how to become men and women who can go out and provide for themselves and maybe a family of their own some day, that's what it's all about.However for tonight, it's about who will walk away the winner of a football game.

Batman, you and I are the only ones who think the Tribe has a snowballs chance tonight.   I guess we'll know in a few hours......

16 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Batman, you and I are the only ones who think the Tribe has a snowballs chance tonight.   I guess we'll know in a few hours......

You always have a snowballs chance.They had one against my Devils.The only difference between us on that, is your thinking DB has a much bigger snowball and I'm seeing a much hotter fire in Alcoa.