Northside (Jackson) vs Dyersburg

Trojan1976

Was Dyersburg mentally in the game?  150 yards in penalties indicates a mental let down, which is what I was concerned about after a big win against Haywood. 

Dyersburg’s waterboy was penalized 5 yards for illegal shift while pouring the water.

Dyersburg wins however, 42 to 20.....an ugly win,  but a win regardless.....All of Northside’ s points came on either turn overs or penalties against Dyersburg’s defense. 

The good news?  The exciting news?  Dyersburg unveils another running back,  big ole and fleet footed Darrius Harris, freshmen.......wow, just wow.....have never seen any school in my lifetime to have the depth of talented running backs that Dyersburg has.  They are fortunate. 

Harris’s father, Stacey, was a forward on Dyersburg boys basketball team when they were a runner up in the Boys Basketball State Championship game where they lost to Christian Brothers by 1 point.  Stacy was as strong as a bull....Darrius is going to be special.....he comes from good stock. 

Edited by mg

Good ugly win..not sure how many yards in penalities for Dyersburg, but bet we had at least 200 yds in penalities. A variety cinsisting of  several chop blocks. Personal Fouls, Off Sides, you name it we did it. DHS was definitely not focused too much Homecoming....all of those Boss Hoss Motorcycles looked like a bike rally.                                             DHS really does it festive for their games, great crowd stayed throighout the penalty and rain plague first half. Next week open date is on time. Tonight we unleashed a powerful Freshmen running back.Darius Harris...Coach Stowe mush have a stable of good strong quick backs. We will take a ugly win ocer a lost anytime. Go Trojans.

Edited by Trojan1976

3 hours ago, mg said:

Was Dyersburg mentally in the game?  150 yards in penalties indicates a mental let down, which is what I was concerned about after a big win against Haywood. 

Dyersburg’s waterboy was penalized 5 yards for illegal shift while pouring the water.

Dyersburg wins however, 42 to 20.....an ugly win,  but a win regardless.....All of Northside’ s points came on either turn overs or penalties against Dyersburg’s defense. 

The good news?  The exciting news?  Dyersburg unveils another running back,  big ole and fleet footed Darrius Harris, freshmen.......wow, just wow.....have never seen any school in my lifetime to have the depth of talented running backs that Dyersburg has.  They are fortunate. 

Harris’s father, Stacey, was a forward on Dyersburg boys basketball team when they were a runner up in the Boys Basketball State Championship game where they lost to Christian Brothers by 1 point.  Stacy was as strong as a bull....Darrius is going to be special.....he comes from good stock. 

Hayes Holt scored a touchdown in the second quarter. That drive had no penalties against Dyersburg. Thought D-Burg was good, but I can tell they weren't great tonight. I guess you can say I watched the Trojans on a bad night.

No this is the worse they have played this Falll. I have to credit some of that to JNS for coming and playing hard/ Homecoming/last wks win and of course the weather were all factors in our lackluster performance last night and in this order. Cant take anything from JNS becauae they came to play and that they did. These guys have improved since their game with Haywood.  Best of luck JNS...