Who would win Alcoa or Greenville

cyclones1

6 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Yet another IFL loss for Alcoa. Funny how the Tornadoes never win any of those.... I believe we were supposed to have lost in 1989......Thank goodness that wasn’t an IFL game.... whew....

Lots of people have you guys #1 in the state, so I’d say you win a lot of IFL games!  There are lots of national teams I think would beat BA also.  Everyone is beatable by the right team at the right time. Not sure why some of you guys bemoan people talking about cross classification rankings... what else do you have to talk about this year?

Since you like hypotheticals, what year Alcoa team is the best?  The 1989 you mention? This year potentially?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BreadTruck44 said:

Lots of people have you guys #1 in the state, so I’d say you win a lot of IFL games!  There are lots of national teams I think would beat BA also.  Everyone is beatable by the right team at the right time. Not sure why some of you guys bemoan people talking about cross classification rankings... what else do you have to talk about this year?

Since you like hypotheticals, what year Alcoa team is the best?  The 1989 you mention? This year potentially?  

I like the 1989 team. Lots of D1 talent that year. Love that they rolled BA after getting beat in 1988. 2000, 2009 and 2010 teams were very special as well. This years team has lots of young talent and depth to go along with it. Something Alcoa hasn’t had as much of in the past. I’ll have to wait and see how they finish to decide if they make my list. So far, they are looking really really good!

Edited by Throwdeslant

9 minutes ago, BreadTruck44 said:

Exactly. No one in 3A has any shot. So might as well talk about the teams that would. Hopefully Alcoa will drop Grace next year and play a real private power like BA or MBA. 

2 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

I like the 1989 team. Lots of D1 talent that year. Love that they rolled BA after getting beat in 1988. 2000, 2009 and 2010 teams were very special as well. 

I wish that site tennprep was still up with all the history...

I graduated in ‘87 and was out of state in college, sounds like those two games would have been fun to witness. 

Just now, BreadTruck44 said:

I wish that site tennprep was still up with all the history...

I graduated in ‘87 and was out of state in college, sounds like those two games would have been fun to witness. 

They were both good games. However, I liked the outcome of the rematch in 89 much better. Very very cold in 89. Ice covered everything...... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

Exactly. No one in 3A has any shot. So might as well talk about the teams that would. Hopefully Alcoa will drop Grace next year and play a real private power like BA or MBA. 

We tried to get Ensworth several years ago in a public vs private game at Maryville stadium. but they didn’t want to drive to Blount County....

Alcoa has been very successful against the privates.. 

Edited by Throwdeslant

6 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Scheduled them in 2011 and 2012 in which we split with them. That’s more than the cows can say of course. They run from any type of competition. Anderson County is a JOKE 

You will see what a joke is come November 16; this is one Joke you will surely choke on. It will be bloody but Mavs will finish what they started last year. Mark my words. The Mavs are for real! :) LOL