ORHS needs to replace Sevier Co. next season. Who do you want to see OR play?

WillieTheWildcats

Well, while taking a break from the game last night, I went back and read this thread all the way from the beginning, like I should have done to start with.  So, here are my thoughts. OR already plays Maryville in a preseason scrimmage.  I would keep the scrimmage but if I were Gaddis I might not put Maryville on the regular schedule.... not because he's "afraid" of Maryville but because it just may not be in the best interests of the team right now.  Even though OR is winning, they are struggling too . Bottom line,  a good choice for Maryville  is not necessarily a good choice for OR. I think Gaddis will make his choice based on what's best for OR, not what's best for some other team.   I personally like AC, they usually have a good team, the drive is good and the Golden Girls restaurant is right there.   A Knoxville team would be okay too... I like short drives and good restaurants nearby. :razz:

37 minutes ago, ORcats said:

Well, while taking a break from the game last night, I went back and read this thread all the way from the beginning, like I should have done to start with.  So, here are my thoughts. OR already plays Maryville in a preseason scrimmage.  I would keep the scrimmage but if I were Gaddis I might not put Maryville on the regular schedule.... not because he's "afraid" of Maryville but because it just may not be in the best interests of the team right now.  Even though OR is winning, they are struggling too . Bottom line,  a good choice for Maryville  is not necessarily a good choice for OR. I think Gaddis will make his choice based on what's best for OR, not what's best for some other team.   I personally like AC, they usually have a good team, the drive is good and the Golden Girls restaurant is right there.   A Knoxville team would be okay too... I like short drives and good restaurants nearby. :razz:

FINALLY a voice of reason on here instead of all of you rushing to the defense of a fan from another school who belittled our team as a result of the Maryville scrimmage. The need for many of you to be politically correct rather than have a problem with someone who made a smart alec remark about our team is incomprehensible. I'm not a genius but I'm closer to it than she is, which brings me to this question...sorry, it will be a statement since she "answers to no man"...she keeps saying the proof that OR won't play Maryville  is the fact that Maryville is playing Oakland...why is OR the reason Maryville is going to Oakland? Did Coach Hunt ONLY ask Gaddis for a game and then when Gaddis couldn't play (if that really took place), then Coach Hunt says to himself "well, since OR can't play us that week, I won't check with anyone else, I'll just have to play Oakland"! If ANYONE believes that, then they're just plain STUPID! Besides, OR plays DB the same date Maryville plays Oakland. Why should OR drop DB from the schedule in order to play Maryville? There's much more history and tradition in a series between OR and DB than OR and Maryville. OK, now all of you OR fans take up for your "OR belittling buddy" and ignore the logic of this post, and the one immediately prior to it!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, catswild said:

FINALLY a voice of reason on here instead of all of you rushing to the defense of a fan from another school who belittled our team as a result of the Maryville scrimmage. The need for many of you to be politically correct rather than have a problem with someone who made a smart alec remark about our team is incomprehensible. I'm not a genius but I'm closer to it than she is, which brings me to this question...sorry, it will be a statement since she "answers to no man"...she keeps saying the proof that OR won't play Maryville  is the fact that Maryville is playing Oakland...why is OR the reason Maryville is going to Oakland? Did Coach Hunt ONLY ask Gaddis for a game and then when Gaddis couldn't play (if that really took place), then Coach Hunt says to himself "well, since OR can't play us that week, I won't check with anyone else, I'll just have to play Oakland"! If ANYONE believes that, then they're just plain STUPID! Besides, OR plays DB the same date Maryville plays Oakland. Why should OR drop DB from the schedule in order to play Maryville? There's much more history and tradition in a series between OR and DB than OR and Maryville. OK, now all of you OR fans take up for your "OR belittling buddy" and ignore the logic of this post, and the one immediately prior to it!

:roflolk: 

36 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

That is me laughing at you 

Your laughter is a better response than your typical post on this topic, so it still makes more sense than normal for you. And I do congratulate on you choosing to laugh rather than address the substance of my post, because you have no leg to stand on. You must be a politician.........

Actually catswild I agree with you on playing Maryville, I see nothing to gain from it. And frankly as much of a "tradition" it is with DB, I've about had it with playing them,  it's a long drive up there. I"m sure Joe knows who he want to replaces SC with for the next two years and probably has already contacted them to try to work out a date.

As for RW87 I know her and respect her knowledge of the sports scene around the area. 

WILDCAT PRIDE 

3 minutes ago, catswild said:

Your laughter is a better response than your typical post on this topic, so it still makes more sense than normal for you. And I do congratulate on you choosing to laugh rather than address the substance of my post, because you have no leg to stand on. You must be a politician.........

I am. I’m making Maryviile Great Again 

29 minutes ago, bounder said:

Actually catswild I agree with you on playing Maryville, I see nothing to gain from it. And frankly as much of a "tradition" it is with DB, I've about had it with playing them,  it's a long drive up there. I"m sure Joe knows who he want to replaces SC with for the next two years and probably has already contacted them to try to work out a date.

As for RW87 I know her and respect her knowledge of the sports scene around the area. 

WILDCAT PRIDE 

I don't mind playing Maryville but why drop DB to play them? Your friend won't answer my question (she answers to no man) because she doesn't know what she's talking about. Maryville MUST play Oakland because OR/Gaddis wouldn't play them on that date......give me a break!  Are you telling me that Coach Hunt ONLY checked with OR/Gaddis and then when that didn't work out, he HAD to play Oakland! That is so STUPID that it makes me laugh. She keeps saying "Maryville is playing Oakland because OR wouldn't play". Why didn't Coach Hunt ask other coaches about playing? How is it OR's fault? Why should OR drop the DB series to accommodate Maryville? NONE OF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE AND SHE DOESN'T EITHER IF SHE BELIEVES IT!!!!!!!

I think GQ made the schedule out before he left except the Oakland game and Derek signed that one up or only play nine games. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't ask another team to drop a game to play us or at least I wouldn't want to think so. I've always enjoyed playing Oak Ridge if it's a scrimmage or a regular game. I love to visit over there but I am very careful where I park the car when I do.

140kkuc.jpg

41 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I think GQ made the schedule out before he left except the Oakland game and Derek signed that one up or only play nine games. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't ask another team to drop a game to play us or at least I wouldn't want to think so. I've always enjoyed playing Oak Ridge if it's a scrimmage or a regular game. I love to visit over there but I am very careful where I park the car when I do.

140kkuc.jpg

LOL...after seeing that, I'll be more careful too!