PHS vs GC (Homecoming)

Goldenpride

3 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

So......   your coach and players get beat by Gibson County (rival from 6 miles down the road) because they didn’t want to hurt any feelings???   Since when do these 2 schools care about feelings?  This may be the craziest excuse I’ve ever seen.   

Yeah, that is some pretty dumb stuff right there..... first off good HS coaches don't care about the feelings of anyone nor should they. Sounds more like some made up garbage by some mummy or poppy type.

3 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

So......   your coach and players get beat by Gibson County (rival from 6 miles down the road) because they didn’t want to hurt any feelings???   Since when do these 2 schools care about feelings?  This may be the craziest excuse I’ve ever seen.   

Idk. Maybe he was referring to the score being so high? As I look back on it GC played almost a perfect game you could’ve played last night on D. I know some people still believe the Tide is the one of the top teams, but after my assumption there’s a ton of work that definitely needs to be done 

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

Idk. Maybe he was referring to the score being so high? As I look back on it GC played almost a perfect game you could’ve played last night on D. I know some people still believe the Tide is the one of the top teams, but after my assumption there’s a ton of work that definitely needs to be done 

The Tide will be fine, you guys have a great coaching staff that will make the needed adjustments and get back to winning.

4 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Yes we do. I know this may sounds ludicrous, but we got out coached last night 

It is hard to change up a game plan when you have been so dominant, obviously last nights game needed a different approach that was overlooked. Knowing many of the coaches of Peabody I doubt that level of comfort returns this season  and expect a each  game to get individual attention as they do deserve.

Edited by TBALLEXPERT

1 minute ago, TBALLEXPERT said:

It is hard to change up a game plan when you have been so dominant, obviously last nights game needed a different approach that was overlooked. Knowing many of the coaches of Peabody I doubt that level of comfort returns this season  expect a huge game to get individual attention as they do deserve.

No doubt. The best thing is we have a bye and I know they will definitely be getting the proper reps and lifts in the get ready to finish the year out. 

5 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

GC coaches definitely put a solid game plan together and the players bought in 100%.  This defense is one of the best ever at GC and coach white deserves a ton of credit for coming in this year and changing the culture.  

The value of good coaching should never be underrated.

Edited by TBALLEXPERT

2 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

What about the touchdown that Peabody scored that the ref said was out of bounds that was actually in bounds.  I’m surprised no one has mentioned this. How much did you guys pay the refs ?  Lol 

congrats on the win GC 

Yes, but one of the top teams in the state should score on the one yard line 

• Like 1