PHS vs GC (Homecoming)

Goldenpride

Just now, JungleJim125 said:

Everone on here can get mad at I really don't care. It comes back to coaching Peabody has a good not a elite coach until he can win the big one that's all he will be. That is a fact!

What does that have to do with the fact that a ref said it wasn’t a touchdown when it was ?  Look at the pic. The ref said he was out of bounds he completely in bounds 

8 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I’m not worried about the blown call. I’m worried about how the kids played a game that’s supposed to be physical, and to not let your guard and  got flat out physicaled and out played on coaching and the playing side. 

It’s a problem that’s for sure but would we be talking about that if Peabody won last night ? 

Hopefully it wakes them up. They had their head in the wrong place to worried about dressing up all week for homecoming.  They came out flat and played flat.  Big time players make big time plays and we didn’t make enough. 

Edited by Tide21

4 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

It’s a problem that’s for sure but would we be talking about that if Peabody won last night ? 

Hopefully it wakes them up. They had their head in the wrong place to worried about dressing up all week for homecoming.  They came out flat and played flat.  Big time players make big time plays and we didn’t make enough. 

Probably wouldn’t talk as much about it, but definitely it would’ve been something to throw out. 

Really? Blown calls? Cmon 4 plays from the 1? Seriously I watched 2 teams go to war last night! Both teams gave ALL they had...Gibson was the better team! Peabody the live stream was awesome other than the last play! Really enjoyed watching this one! My petition still stands for GC top 10 votes! In closing my Falcons are the only blemish against GC...how did we score 36 (honestly wouldn’t want a rematch)

Just now, westtnsportsfan said:

So was it the wet field?  The Peabody coaches and players not wanting to hurt feelings?  The referees being paid by GC?   Or was it just that GC had a a good game plan and executed it and gave themselves a chance when no one thought they had one and made 4 plays at the 2 yard line to win a football game? 

It was an old fashion but whipping. 

6 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

So was it the wet field?  The Peabody coaches and players not wanting to hurt feelings?  The referees being paid by GC?   Or was it just that GC had a a good game plan and executed it and gave themselves a chance when no one thought they had one and made 4 plays at the 2 yard line to win a football game? 

We got whipped no doubt but without the blown call we win.   The call was blatant also so no real debate he scored.  If that call isn’t blown the the 4th and 3 makes no difference 

Here is the point. If Peabody is supposed to be that good and collect a gold ball then a blown call or bad calls from refs should never be a deciding factor. A team that is supposed to be so great should not be trying to survive on 4 plays from the 2 yard line at the end of the game. If Peabody is supposed to be so great then they should have been up by 40 then those calls don’t matter. GC is for real and beat Peabody. That’s just the cold hard facts. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

They won no but I’m not sure they deserved it.  Refs can’t make a call like they did and change the game. There should be replay in high school they could use Hudl.  If they use replay peabody wins 

when you go watch the hudl be sure that you remember you had the ball on the 1 against GC with 4 plays to score. 

11 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Here is the point. If Peabody is supposed to be that good and collect a gold ball then a blown call or bad calls from refs should never be a deciding factor. A team that is supposed to be so great should not be trying to survive on 4 plays from the 2 yard line at the end of the game. If Peabody is supposed to be so great then they should have been up by 40 then those calls don’t matter. GC is for real and beat Peabody. That’s just the cold hard facts. 

So great teams never win by one point or 3 points. Great teams always win by 40 I got it lol 

11 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

I agree!