PHS vs GC (Homecoming)

Goldenpride

4 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

If you could just see some of the stuff on social media that is being said, you’d be amazed... it’s interesting/sad/comical all at the same time.

Glad that I can't. I'm pretty much "drama free" by nature, and don't do social media (never had facebook, twitter, shapchat, ect…), because of it.   

2 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

When you’re used to winning, it’s hard to take a loss to a team that has been irrelevant for the past 20 years in football. There’s no question that Peabody will bounce back from this (I think) and make a deep run into the playoffs. Coach Jacobs IS a good coach and has a great staff there.

I just wished the Peabody community showed a little more humility.

Man times have changed around here. There is a new adopted attitude that I have seen here for the last couple years and I don’t like it one bit. I’d rather go to the old attitude from the days we were just a smash mouth football team that was a middle of the road team than being a high powered, well-oiled machine that whines and cries when something that doesn’t go our way like New England patriot fans. 

Just now, Goldenpride said:

Man times have changed around here. There is a new adopted attitude that I have seen here for the last couple years and I don’t like it one bit. I’d rather go to the old attitude from the days we were just a smash mouth football team that was a middle of the road team than being a high powered, well-oiled machine that whines and cries when something that doesn’t go our way like New England patriot fans. 

Hehehehehe. I hate The patriots also. They will get another loss tomorrow. 

56 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I’m from Trenton and it’s getting pretty embarrassing over here now. Adults accusing Gc players of stealing stuff from the locker rooms this and that. Honestly to lose any game especially losing to a rival is hard, but to take it out of social media and crying is pathetic. I’m a proud alumni of this school, and if this is how a bunch of us are gonna act over a game we played like crap on.. then I don’t want any more to do with it. Excuses need to stop and move on. This isn’t the NFL to call a team that went from 1-9 to 6-1 “cheaters”

Preach it. 5 years ago Waverly went from 1-9 to 9-1 in the regular season. It’s possible with the right staff

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

No worries here Goldenpride.  Like i said earlier 4000 people live in Trenton and you have about 25 village idiots that cannot cannot accept getting their butts sand papered.  Earlier this week it was all fun bashing their opponent, talking trash and bragging about how they were going to stomp GC ..........until they lost.  Actually i think it is hilarious.   The sad part is they are making fools out of themselves and the fan base of Trenton.  

They have set this team and coaching staff on a pedestal and expect blowouts. Now they cannot accept defeat with out blaming the wet ground, the refs, coaches  and not wanting to hurt anyone feelings etc, Get a grip Trenton.  14-18 year old kids will let you down in sports sometimes....it happens.....geeee.  You have a good staff and very good players, shut up and move on.....dang.  Its about these kids not you.  

You guys remind me of the liberal media spreading fake news, complaining and wanting to protest.....lol.  Peabody is a very good team, the boys will recover and i think they will make a very good run but I'm not so sure about some of your fan base. 

Don't take this wrong what I am about to say.  GC was the better team last night and they were prepared.   The bottom line is you guys were exposed in a couple areas.  The D and O lines are big,  but slower than what i was expecting from all the hype of earlier post. I didn't see 4.4 speed anywhere on the field.  Actually, Rico ran 70 yards for a TD with 3 defenders 3-5 yards behind him. BTW,  He is not the fastest guy on our team.   I could be wrong but your QB was the only one that got outside on us and gained significant yards.  Your QB is VERY athletic and gained some yards on us.  I think he was rushed, sacked and hit hard a few times and his passing accuracy declined causing a couple interceptions.  Your running back is a hoss. Good linebacker play.   The goal line stand was a slug fest.  Eight plays from the 11 or 12 yard line, 4th quarter, clock running down........classic.  Bottom line is.....you got to finish.  

There is no doubt in my mind your coaches will have this corrected before the next game.  I think you guys will be dangerous now.  Good luck to you guys the rest of the way out.  

• Upvote 1