Westmoreland at Watertown

thewaterboy16

34 minutes ago, Grizzly478 said:

Croz, i can tell you’ve been around a while when you know who ricky baker is! First class man and i can tell you that he is extremely proud of #25! Baker has gone out of his way to talk to him!

30 minutes ago, diesel28 said:

I just had that conversation about Baker tonight with a guy who played on that 1971 team with him. That team went undefeated during regular season. He said price and Baker were close both could play any position with baker having more speed but price more power. 

I'm actually related to Ricky, so I know him well. If he had more size, he would've been flat out dangerous. If I'm not mistaken he was on the team at UT until he got hurt.

I've heard about him playing CF in softball, and no one could hit a ball in the outfield that he couldn't get to.

He's just one of a few Watertown football greats that came from Gordonsville. :D

1 hour ago, croz6110 said:

I'm actually related to Ricky, so I know him well. If he had more size, he would've been flat out dangerous. If I'm not mistaken he was on the team at UT until he got hurt.

I've heard about him playing CF in softball, and no one could hit a ball in the outfield that he couldn't get to.

He's just one of a few Watertown football greats that came from Gordonsville. :D

That’s awesome stuff, love this Gville and watertown rivalry! i just hope it continues 

7 hours ago, croz6110 said:

I didn't get to watch him play football but I did see him play softball and  he was  fast in the outfield and could go get it,he played some with a team called valley discount and they were good. I have been watching H20 football since late 70s and price is a special athlete that does not come along very often .

1 hour ago, diesel28 said:

I didn't get to watch him play football but I did see him play softball and  he was  fast in the outfield and could go get it,he played some with a team called valley discount and they were good. I have been watching H20 football since late 70s and price is a special athlete that does not come along very often .

Price is phenomenal. You're right, those athletes don't come around often in small schools.

Coach Webster is going to have a lot of eyes on him the rest of the year due to his son coming back in two weeks. Price has done a fantastic job at QB in Bryce absence. 

I guarantee you there will be a lot of chatter if Bryce struggles at all when he returns and I definitely wouldn’t want to be in his shoes. I guarantee you it would be hard to sit your son in his senior year!

Hopefully ,Bryce plays well and this is a non issue!

Edited by H2Oman

48 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Coach Webster is going to have a lot of eyes on him the rest of the year due to his son coming back in two weeks. Price has done a fantastic job at QB in Bryce absence. 

I guarantee you there will be a lot of chatter if Bryce struggles at all when he returns and I definitely wouldn’t want to be in his shoes. I guarantee you it would be hard to sit your son in his senior year!

If it was me, I would give Bryce the lion's share of the snaps. That way defenses have to find Price on the field and more mismatches can be created.

However, I would still put Price at QB some to throw in other wrinkles.

7 hours ago, H2Oman said:

You are absolutely correct and it would be a hard decision, but it should be about the team and who gives the team the best chance to win and not about 1 person no matter who it is. With that said, there can be plays where he can help open things up and make plays. I believe things will work out and he can and will contribute to the team. But a difficult decision to make for sure! This can be a special year for Watertown. Go Tigers.

9 hours ago, H2Oman said:

If they can figure out how to mix it together they become that much better! Brice imo is a better passer, if they could split Brice out at and run the (wildcat) they could keep a d off balance! Come playoffs there will be a team that will stack the box and stop the run imo.

2 minutes ago, biggest said:

If they can figure out how to mix it together they become that much better! Brice imo is a better passer, if they could split Brice out at and run the (wildcat) they could keep a d off balance! Come playoffs there will be a team that will stack the box and stop the run imo.

If teams stack the box then we will fast screen them to death like we have done so well before in the past. Finding mismatches and using our athletes in space has been our bread and butter.

31 minutes ago, biggest said:

I agree, but you know just as much as I do, if Bryce struggles at all, you will start to hear some of the faithful start calling for his head.

2 hours ago, TigerFan76 said:

You are absolutely correct and it would be a hard decision, but it should be about the team and who gives the team the best chance to win and not about 1 person no matter who it is. With that said, there can be plays where he can help open things up and make plays. I believe things will work out and he can and will contribute to the team. But a difficult decision to make for sure! This can be a special year for Watertown. Go Tigers.

You are right this could be a special year, but as a parent myself I know it would be hard to sit my kid who loves the game his senior year. I think Bryce was a good quarterback and got the job done, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty and I have to have a play. I’m putting my best player behind center and that is Price! We will see how the season goes and like I said hopefully this will be a non issue!