Westmoreland at Watertown

thewaterboy16

On 9/22/2018 at 4:35 PM, TigerFan76 said:

Watertown wins 48 to 0, if we get a couple back on D. If not they may score 1 or 2. 

The only way they score is on your backups or on a busted play. They have Sloan who in my opinion is more of a grinder than a burner (not saying he is slow). It will be similar to against TC as he will have a hard time running when there is no hole and he is getting hit before he can get anything going.

I'm sorry to hear about the Watertown student lost.

I almost drowned several years ago up in Defeated Creek. I had just swam all the way out to the outer buoy and was a bit winded. Just then it started to rain and my family was yelling for me to come in so we could leave. I headed back and about half way back got a cramp.... I got to where I was struggling to keep my head up and had to yell for help. But there was hardly anybody around because of the rain. It was probably about 7-8 foot of water. Luckily I was able to let myself sink and then push off the bottom and come up for air long enough for somebody to come help me out.

It really messed with my head. I had a kid on the way at the time. I won't go in water over my head without some kind of floatation device. No matter how good of a swimmer you are things happen.

Its hard on smaller communities when you lose somebody. Its even harder when it is something that is seen as preventable.

Edited by steelcityroller

On 9/23/2018 at 9:40 PM, steelcityroller said:

I'm sorry to hear about the Watertown student lost.

I almost drowned several years ago up in Defeated Creek. I had just swam all the way out to the outer buoy and was a bit winded. Just then it started to rain and my family was yelling for me to come in so we could leave. I headed back and about half way back got a cramp.... I got to where I was struggling to keep my head up and had to yell for help. But there was hardly anybody around because of the rain. It was probably about 7-8 foot of water. Luckily I was able to let myself sink and then push off the bottom and come up for air long enough for somebody to come help me out.

It really messed with my head. I had a kid on the way at the time. I won't go in water over my head without some kind of floatation device. No matter how good of a swimmer you are things happen.

Its hard on smaller communities when you lose somebody. Its even harder when it is something that is seen as preventable.

Glad you’re ok. Scary stuff.