AP POLL CLASS 2A SEPT 24 2018

Southtowner

2 minutes ago, selectedgrain said:

POLLS ARE JUST THAT EVERYONE HAS ONE. AS I LOOK AT THE POLL I CANT SEE MY SCHOOL WINNING AGAINST ANY OF THE OTHER 9 TEAMS LISTED, PLUS A FEW OTHER TEAMS THAT ARE NOT EVEN LISTED THAT IS BESIDE ME. GRANTED IT IS GOOD TO SEE MY TEAM HERE BUT NEED SOME OF YOU TO BETTER EXPLAIN BEC OUR REGULAR SEASON GAMES ARE PRETTY WEAK IN MY BOOK BUT THAT IS NOT UP TO THE PLAYERS TO MAKE OUT THE SCHEDULE.

What school are you? 

ONE OF THE LISTED JUST WONDERING HOW THE RANKINGS ARE PICKED ANS BY WHOM. I AM NOT BASHING MY SCHOOL THESE KIDS WORK THEIR BUTTS OFF YEAR AROUND AND ALL ARE GREAT KIDS AND WE HAVE A HEAD COACH THAT NO ONE WILL EVER REPLACE ,GREAT MAN, LEADER OF YOUNG MEN CANT ASK FOR MORE OF HIM WE ARE BLESSED HERE. AND THE FAN BASE IS HUGE ALWAYS HAS BEEN. WE ARE TRULY A SMALL FOOTBALL TOWN.

Edited by selectedgrain

22 minutes ago, selectedgrain said:

ONE OF THE LISTED JUST WONDERING HOW THE RANKINGS ARE PICKED ANS BY WHOM. I AM NOT BASHING MY SCHOOL THESE KIDS WORK THEIR BUTTS OFF YEAR AROUND AND ALL ARE GREAT KIDS AND WE HAVE A HEAD COACH THAT NO ONE WILL EVER REPLACE ,GREAT MAN, LEADER OF YOUNG MEN CANT ASK FOR MORE OF HIM WE ARE BLESSED HERE. AND THE FAN BASE IS HUGE ALWAYS HAS BEEN. WE ARE TRULY A SMALL FOOTBALL TOWN.

All Associated Press members in Tennessee are eligible to participate in the high school football poll. Those who voted for this week's poll are: Chattanooga Times Free Press, Chattanooga; The Leaf-Chronicle , Clarksville; Cookeville Herald-Citizen, Cookeville; The Tennessean (Nashville), Murfreesboro; State Gazette, Dyersburg; The Williamson Herald, Franklin; Daily News, Kingsport; The Knoxville News Sentinel, Knoxville; Marshall County Tribune (Lewisburg); The Daily Times, Maryville; The Tomahawk (Mountain City), Mountain City; The Daily Memphian, Memphis; The Paris Post-Intelligencer; Union City Daily Messenger, Union City; WCMT, Martin.

Polls are only something to chat about. Have no bearing on how good or bad any teams are. What I've learned from these polls if you play a team that doesn't have a winning record and beat them by 80 pts. It's as if you lost to them and lose ranking. If you play a team with a winning record and win by 1 point or 50 you gain ranking. None of which matters unless you feel like your team has to be ahead of whatever team in which again doesn't matter.

( M a x p r e p s ) is the poll I'm referring too mostly.

13 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Polls are only something to chat about. Have no bearing on how good or bad any teams are. What I've learned from these polls if you play a team that doesn't have a winning record and beat them by 80 pts. It's as if you lost to them and lose ranking. If you play a team with a winning record and win by 1 point or 50 you gain ranking. None of which matters unless you feel like your team has to be ahead of whatever team in which again doesn't matter.

( M a x p r e p s ) is the poll I'm referring too mostly.

I like all the rankings and the ratings.  They all have something to offer. Whether it be bias, opinion, a power rating, no clue, a set algorithm.  I like to analyze things.  Mostly have fun with it.  Chat about.  No impact on playoffs.

13 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I like all the rankings and the ratings.  They all have something to offer. Whether it be bias, opinion, a power rating, no clue, a set algorithm.  I like to analyze things.  Mostly have fun with it.  Chat about.  No impact on playoffs.

I do too man. But some people have to accept the fact that someone may think their team isn't as good as you think they are. That's why there is drama with the polls lol. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks but yourself. 

10 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I do too man. But some people have to accept the fact that someone may think their team isn't as good as you think they are. That's why there is drama with the polls lol. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks but yourself. 

I wouldnt call it drama just good football talk. The poll this yr has been a joke! Yes they have some of the right ones in place and some that are not. I can think of three or four teams that should be in the top ten that are not. But it really dont matter but I do enjoy the football talk.

17 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

2 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I wouldnt call it drama just good football talk. The poll this yr has been a joke! Yes they have some of the right ones in place and some that are not. I can think of three or four teams that should be in the top ten that are not. But it really dont matter but I do enjoy the football talk.

Drama, banter, football talk.  All makes for a better topic.  

6 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

They'll all get there.  Takes time for information to travel up and down Mt SighNigh where the AP heads hang out and makes their top 10.

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Drama, banter, football talk.  All makes for a better topic.  

Why isn't Gibson moved into top 10 considering their win??? I mean they have lost one game to another 1 loss team. This reason alone to me is why polls dont matter. And just for fun lol.

Screenshot_20180930-185322_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Why isn't Gibson moved into top 10 considering their win??? I mean they have lost one game to another 1 loss team. This reason alone to me is why polls dont matter. And just for fun lol.

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

They'll all get there.  Takes time for information to travel up and down Mt SighNigh where the AP heads hang out and makes their top 10.

There is your answer!

Just now, Imthayeti said:

I would say being 1-9 last year.  They have another opportunity to make another statement Friday against Union City.