AP POLL CLASS 2A SEPT 24 2018

Southtowner

If they lose to Union City it's a 3 way circus in trying to figure out who is better.  Peabody, Union City, or Gibson County.

I would rank them in the above order if Union City  wins.  If  Gibson wins you'd have to analyze the Peabody/GC game again.  You'd prolly rank Peabody higher by body of work and dab in a bit of some past history.

Edited by Southtowner

8 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

If they lose to Union City it's a 3 way circus in trying to figure out who is better.  Peabody, Union City, or Gibson County.

I would rank them in the above order if Union City  wins.  If  Gibson wins you'd have to analyze the Peabody/GC game again.  You'd prolly rank Peabody higher by body of work and dab in a bit of some past history.

If Gibson County beats UC I would rank them above Peabody but thats just me. 

2 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

If Gibson County beats UC I would rank them above Peabody but thats just me. 

I can understand that and that's all fine with me.  I just took a close look and here are some numbers to analyze on Gibson County.  

Yes,  they are 6-1 this year and in my opinion deserving of a top 10 ranking in 2A.

Now, a closer look at body of work.  Last 100 games they have won 19 and lost 81. That's a 19% winning percentage.  The 6 wins this year alone accounts for 31% of their wins over their last 100 games.  

Just now, Southtowner said:

I can understand that and that's all fine with me.  I just took a close look and here are some numbers to analyze on Gibson County.  

Yes,  they are 6-1 this year and in my opinion deserving of a top 10 ranking in 2A.

Now, a closer look at body of work.  Last 100 games they have won 19 and lost 81. That's a 19% winning percentage.  The 6 wins this year alone accounts for 31% of their wins over their last 100 games.  

Crazy how a team can turn around in one yr! 

5 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Crazy how a team can turn around in one yr! 

4 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Gotta give credit were credit is due! They have earned it.

Maybe Mt SighNigh has seen and heard their struggles and will reward them their due diligence and hard work.

Edited by Southtowner

7 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Impressive to say the least and honestly unheard of. Never seen that type of turnaround in one season to the next. 

Now some might get a better understanding of what the AP can do.  Gibson County has struggled for years. I seen 4 straight seasons where they didn't win a single game.  Kids  have worked hard.  Won some games.  Hopefully things have turned around.  Why not put an AP stamp of approval on it so these kids have something else to hang their hat on?   

Just now, Southtowner said:

Now some might get a better understanding of what the AP can do.  Gibson County has struggled for years. I seen 4 straight seasons where they didn't win a single game.  Kids  have worked hard.  Won some games.  Hopefully things have turned around.  Why not put an AP stamp of approval on it so these kids have something else to hang their hat on?   

I would myself put them in front of a few teams in top 10. Because in the next few weeks we will see if Peabody was over rated and played a seriously injured understaffed Union City team. Or Gibson is legit contender if they beat a healthy Union City team. I'm curious as it sits right now Peabody is obviously touchable. Who is the new West Favorite. From the East looking in I'd say Waverly or Gibson... if Gibson beats U.C.