AP POLL CLASS 2A SEPT 24 2018

Southtowner

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Bass what would you predict a healthy UC vs Peabody score to be? I firmly believe Peabody would win but would it still be a blowout? Haven't seen them play in person just videos that are posted.

Union City is a great football program. I know they’ve had some injuries. Even without the injuries UC wouldn’t win, but Peabody wouldn’t blow them out either. The way UC keeps the ball from folks can change a lot of games.  However, I still think they are 2 TDs better than them or ANYONE elsein the west. They have some unbelievable talent right now and it’s not going away anytime soon. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Thanks for the reply Bass and my Waverly team will show some of you guys that you are wrong about them just like 2016 when yall didnt give them a chance. Thats just my opinion.

Now wait a minute. If you remember I had them in the top 3 at the start of the season. Their defense is just so pourous it’s hard to think they can beat the elite teams. Now saying that.. Can they make a nice run? Yes, they are physically gifted on offense so they will be tough on anyone, but I don’t look for them to be in Cookeville because of the inability to limit the other teams offenses. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Now wait a minute. If you remember I had them in the top 3 at the start of the season. Their defense is just so pourous it’s hard to think they can beat the elite teams. Now saying that.. Can they make a nice run? Yes, they are physically gifted on offense so they will be tough on anyone, but I don’t look for them to be in Cookeville because of the inability to limit the other teams offenses. 

Everybody has an opinion and I respect yours I just believe yours is wrong bud. I think we have the defense now to get some stops so our offense can do our thing. Remember when you play a team that can score like that all they need is to get a couple of stops.

4 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Everybody has an opinion and I respect yours I just believe yours is wrong bud. I think we have the defense now to get some stops so our offense can do our thing. Remember when you play a team that can score like that all they need is to get a couple of stops.

You do know I’m about the only person on here that even ranks them each week? You shouldn’t be on me about Waverly. The comment was made last week I would still rank Waverly and Union City if they were winless. Check your facts. They were one of my three favorites in the preseason, but I don’t think they will be able to survive the gauntlet in the west to get to Cookeville. Again, they have a great offense.

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

You do know I’m about the only person on here that even ranks them each week? You shouldn’t be on me about Waverly. The comment was made last week I would still rank Waverly and Union City if they were winless. Check your facts. They were one of my three favorites in the preseason, but I don’t think they will be able to survive the gauntlet in the west to get to Cookeville. Again, they have a great offense.

Bass, chill man I think you are taken my post the wrong way. Im not tryin to argue with you I just believe your wrong on this one bud. You cant be right about everything :thumb:

25 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Bass, chill man I think you are taken my post the wrong way. Im not tryin to argue with you I just believe your wrong on this one bud. You cant be right about everything :thumb:

The thing is, when Waverly goes up against a team that has a great defense out west (ex. CA or Peabody), you’re not gonna be able to score every possession. Waverly’s offense is incredible, but they aren’t unstoppable. That was proven last year as well. If Waverly can’t stop teams from consistently scoring against them, then when they play a team like us or Peabody then they won’t be able to win. 

5 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

The thing is, when Waverly goes up against a team that has a great defense out west (ex. CA or Peabody), you’re not gonna be able to score every possession. Waverly’s offense is incredible, but they aren’t unstoppable. That was proven last year as well. If Waverly can’t stop teams from consistently scoring against them, then when they play a team like us or Peabody then they won’t be able to win. 

I agree, Waverly was not the best team last year and they are not as good this year. Especially on Defense

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Union City is a great football program. I know they’ve had some injuries. Even without the injuries UC wouldn’t win, but Peabody wouldn’t blow them out either. The way UC keeps the ball from folks can change a lot of games.  However, I still think they are 2 TDs better than them or ANYONE elsein the west. They have some unbelievable talent right now and it’s not going away anytime soon. 

Hmmmmmm. maybe....Maybe not JS lol

48 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Im tired of hearing this last yr crap from you. You will find out soon enough.