Maryville vs Morristown West --- Round 2

Philster043

And this time, the game'll take place HERE at Maryville instead of Morristown the last time around.

The first meeting, earlier this season in Week 4, Maryville absolutely killed the Trojans 49-7.

I see a similar outing this Friday. The seniors at Maryville know it will be their last home game and they want to go out with a bang. Plus, I am sure they still remember their LAST loss -- 25 games ago -- was at home against Morr. West. I don't think they want to go through that again.

I predict, final score: Maryville 40, Morristown West 17.

Maryville will go on to play Hillsboro for a much better rematch.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get my vote! :) Double Cone Cakes! ;):)

Here's a thought though...since it's the last home game of the year, last for the Seniors, and if the game goes like the others....do we just let the seniors stay in this time and go for "Maximum Effect"??.....72-16?....naw, guess not, gotta keep respect and class going and give the underclassmen some more experience. I'll stick with your prediction.

GO RED REBELS!!....(would be a hoot though ;) )

[Edited by mapperman on 11-23-02 5:36P]

Nope, MoWest will say the same things as always . . . we've come along way, we're improved, we want revenge, we're ready to play. . . and then they'll get killed. Maryville is too focused. They are by far a better team, and the only way MoWest has a chance is if Maryville hands them the game on a silver platter through 4 or 5 turnovers, and even then we would come out on top - Maryville had several turnovers against Cleveland and beat them handily. Keep dreaming Trojan

If you are a Morristown West player or fan do the team

a favor and avoid trash talking on this board this week. Maryville did kill us last time and we have no right no

say anything.

Maryville is a great team and they use everything said

against them as motivation. Don't give them any more

ammunition. Let's just let the players and coaches work

hard next week and go for broke. One thing is for sure

there will be no pressure on Morristown West, no one really

expects them to win. All the pressure is on Maryville.

You mean the Trojans don't feel ANY pressure to avoid another embarrassing 49-7 loss?

Hmmm. Maybe I should raise my original prediction by about 10-20 more points on Maryville's side. :)

But you're right about one thing - a lot of pressure will be on Maryville. As it has been all year long! They've been ranked No. 1 all year and nationally ranked for a while now. Doesn't seem to bother them much, does it?

The hardest thing for a Highschool team of any kind to do is to win all the time when they are expected to win. The pressure is really on both teams, equally. MoWest does have something to lose - they still have pride, as they should. Maryville has a streak to lose. Either way, I think that in this situation the best team wins, and Maryville is the best team.

Guest trojantough

Pride comes before the fall. TruReb is right, it is very hard to get up for every single game. Maryville probably has the most talent of the two, but that doesn't mean they are the hungriest....or maybe they are.

Morristown: Remember, you have earned the right to play again next Friday night. No one else deserves it more than you guys, and that is why you are here. Keep it Trojan

I think Maryville will still win but it will be much closer this time. I watched the Greeneville vs Morristown West game yesterday. West's defense has improved a lot. I still think Maryville will be too balanced for them. Maryville's defense will not let Davis or Rucker run wild. Southerland will have to beat them in the air.West doesn't have a receiver like Robert Kyle this year.I think Maryville will concentrate on stopping the run.

On offense Maryville will have to block Brandon Fanney. He is a player.Mix in the run and the pass.Mostly run. They need to watch out for Larue Isom.

Go Rebels! I want to go to the Boro!