Whitwell Tigers @ TC Jackets

TigerfootballFan

Weekly Edition of .....

By The Numbers:

Whitwell heads to John Kerr Field, aka The Creekbank, for Friday's Nights Match-up sporting a 6-0 record. They are currently scoring an impressive 48.3 PPG (points per game). Their defense is stout with another impressive number of 6.8 PPG, including 3 shutouts. They have beaten 1 DII-1A team, 2 1A teams, 2 2A teams, and 1 3A team. Their previous opponents have a combined record of 10-28 (26% win ratio) with Polk Co. being the only team with a winning record at 4-2. 2 of the opponents are 0-7. Still the Tigers have beaten their opponents the way they should have and it's no fault of their own that the teams on their schedule have not had good years.

Trousdale Co. enters Friday night hoisting a 5-2 record. They are averaging 29.9 PPG while giving up 11.3 PPG. They as well have 3 shutouts (last 3 games). They have lost to 1 6A team and 1 2A team. They have beat 1 DII-1A school, 1 4A school, 2 2A schools, and a 1A school. The Jackets' previous opponents currently hold a combined record of 33-14 (70% win ratio) with only 4A Macon Co. holding a below .500 record. All the other schools have winning records. 

The 2 schools do no have any common opponents on their schedules. The teams have split the last 2 games. Trousdale Co. eliminated the Whitwell in 2014 from the playoffs with a 29-0 win. Last year saw the home team Tigers pull out a close one late 17-14. This year's match-up is shaping up to be another exciting game. Whitwell appears to be healthy coming into the game. Trousdale Co. will no doubt be looking forward to the return of former All-State standout Baines (suspension) and OL/DL Seay (Injury). Expecting a large crowd to make their way to Hartsville Friday so get there early if you want a good seat. If you are unable to make it, tune in to 93.5 FM/1090 AM or download the FunRadioTN app on your phone and listen in as the Voice of the Yellow Jackets Jerry Richmond and Cameron Reid call the game. Praying for a injury free, hard nosed ball game and safe travels for all! :thumb: #GATA #RTD #TigerMeat

Edited by BCB~MVP
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Crank up the banjo music were headed back!    We couldn't resist this game as I feel it could be the best game in the State this Friday!  Always great to see our friends at Trousdale County and we look forward to this one!   Here is the Coaching Lineup for this Friday:

Lebanon Head Coach Chuck Gentry

Huntland Head Coach Bob Robertson

Trousdale County Head Coach Brad Waggoner

Whitwell Head Coach Randall Boldin

(We'll have Coach Waggoner and Coach Boldin LIVE on set with us for those interviews)

Lee and I will discuss big games in the second hour and we'll invite our host station Jerry (Cheese) Richmond and Cameron Reid to join us again if they'd like for that part of the show!   Friday Main Event can be heard each week at 4:30 PM Central Time and you can find it by going to our website (LINK is in my signature), or by going to the Scoreboard Tab on CoachT (we're the only pregame show sponsored exclusively by CoachT) or by clicking the link below to reach our YouTube Channel.  Appreciate those of you who have followed us all season as we're still in the infant phase of this YouTube broadcasting.   Our intent each week is to improve upon the previous week and we're always thankful for new subscribers to the channel!

Friday Main Event YouTube Channel

• Upvote 2

On 9/29/2018 at 11:29 AM, RTD said:

If they do score 35 they will be the first team and I doubt they will score 35 points neither team will make it to 35 I don't think you understand how good TC run defense is especially upfront with the LB and DL and the secondary just improved lot this week with #8 coming back

I don't think you know how good Whitwell's backs are. Big and fast.. Yall have a game on your hands for sure. I think Whitwell wins this game by 14-21 points also. If this were the old TC team from year's ago they couldn't touch yall, but it's not and Whitwell is a very good team. 

9 minutes ago, sportman said:

I don't think you know how good Whitwell's backs are. Big and fast.. Yall have a game on your hands for sure. I think Whitwell wins this game by 14-21 points also. If this were the old TC team from year's ago they couldn't touch yall, but it's not and Whitwell is a very good team. 

Keyvont Baines back in the lineup will be an equalizer.   Should be an awesome game!

33 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Crank up the banjo music were headed back!    We couldn't resist this game as I feel it could be the best game in the State this Friday!  Always great to see our friends at Trousdale County and we look forward to this one!   Here is the Coaching Lineup for this Friday:

(We'll have Coach Waggoner and Coach Boldin LIVE on set with us for those interviews)

Lee and I will discuss big games in the second hour and we'll invite our host station Jerry (Cheese) Richmond and Cameron Reid to join us again if they'd like for that part of the show!   Friday Main Event can be heard each week at 4:30 PM Central Time and you can find it by going to our website (LINK is in my signature), or by going to the Scoreboard Tab on CoachT (we're the only pregame show sponsored exclusively by CoachT) or by clicking the link below to reach our YouTube Channel.  Appreciate those of you who have followed us all season as we're still in the infant phase of this YouTube broadcasting.   Our intent each week is to improve upon the previous week and we're always thankful for new subscribers to the channel!

Alright Mike! You pulled a Corso on us lol :lol: Should be a huge crowd, I know there will be a few purple tigers fans coming up to catch this one along with some of the Pirate faithful, could be one of the top games in the state, and for sure one of the top games in small school classifications. This is our opportunity to show everyone that just because we are 5-2 and have lost by a combined 5 points, this team has been that good without an all state athlete in Keyvont Baines. Hopefully we can make a statement that the Jackets are for real and can still make it to Cookeville. Go Jackets!

8 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

Alright Mike! You pulled a Corso on us lol :lol: Should be a huge crowd, I know there will be a few purple tigers fans coming up to catch this one along with some of the Pirate faithful, could be one of the top games in the state, and for sure one of the top games in small school classifications. This is our opportunity to show everyone that just because we are 5-2 and have lost by a combined 5 points, this team has been that good without an all state athlete in Keyvont Baines. Hopefully we can make a statement that the Jackets are for real and can still make it to Cookeville. Go Jackets!

I think you still make it to cookeville without making the statement lol 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Confirmed! Jerry Richmond and myself will join Mike and Lee Friday night to pick a few games and talk a little TC vs Whitwell. Mike we would like to have you at halftime to talk about the Friday Main Event and all you do for High School football. Sound like a plan?

1 hour ago, sportman said:

No way whitwell wins by that many.  TC, I am guessing will be the best team on whitwells schedule this year, unless that comes next week.  Tc will win this one.

36 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

Confirmed! Jerry Richmond and myself will join Mike and Lee Friday night to pick a few games and talk a little TC vs Whitwell. Mike we would like to have you at halftime to talk about the Friday Main Event and all you do for High School football. Sound like a plan?

You got it my friend!  I'll send you a list of games we'll be discussing later today.  See you guys Friday.