Whitwell Tigers @ TC Jackets

TigerfootballFan

15 minutes ago, powerp said:

I'm a South Pittsburg fan lol They are by far more talented on offense. That's just the truth. Our defense is better than theirs though imo from a scheme wise. 

Trust me. You guys (South Pitt will beat them again). They are talented on offense. They are very good from what I have read and heard. But again, who have they beaten? Basically just like last year. They killed everyone justvlike tgey have. Boyd, Bledsoe, lookout, community, signal and Polk. Polk is prob best team they beat don’t you think? 

4 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

I think the defenses are similar... Dont think SP is better. Both are very good.

Our defense is better. But this is about you and TC. Don't know what kind of team TC has but they are known for always playing hard and for 4 qtrs. Think whitwell will win but better not be looking past to the next week.

58 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

Yes you should old friend.

Consider it done. I have enjoyed every game this year from on 93.5 fun radio  ,but going to try and make it Friday night. While listening last night it sounded like a lot of Lumber being thrown around from the Jackets. I think I need to see a game on the Creekbank! Do they hit that hard?

Edited by RAILBIRD

4 hours ago, oldfootballplayer said:

I hate to admit how many years ago it was when I played, but I played on the 60-63 teams. Jim B became our head coach in 62, and we went from winning 5 games (in 60 and 61) to winning 9 games in 62 and all 11 games in 63. We were TC's first undefeated team since 1922 (41 years). Jim B Satterfield was more than a great coach; he was a good man too. He told us he would never ask us to do anything that he wouldn't do. He was a tough Biology teacher too; I learned a lot about the parts of a frog under him.

:roflol:  

I realize that a lot of people don't like comparing football teams' numbers (e.g., scores, records, rankings, etc.), but I think a comparison of Whitwell and TC by the numbers is interesting.    

Combined Won/Loss Records of Opponents  TC 33-14,  WHS 10-28
Avg Opponent Ranking (by Sonny Moore) of TC  180.1, WHS  250.5
Highest Rated Opponent (by Sonny Moore)   TC 66, WHS 166
Average Points Scored Per Game    TC 29.86, WHS 48.3
Avg Points Scored by Opponents Per Game  TC 11.29, WHS  6.83       

Using these numbers, comparing the strength of both schedules, considering the return of TC's QB and another key player who has been out, and adding some Kentucky windage, I predict the following:

TC will score 28-35 points

Whitwell will score less than its average of 48 points per game. 

Should be a good game. "If the good Lord's willing and the water don't rise over the creekbank", I will be there.

1 hour ago, RAILBIRD said:

Consider it done. I have enjoyed every game this year from on 93.5 fun radio  ,but going to try and make it Friday night. While listening last night it sounded like a lot of Lumber being thrown around from the Jackets. I think I need to see a game on the Creekbank! Do they hit that hard?

Appreciate that buddy, and 5,7,30,52 bring it every snap, defense is fun to watch hopefully with 8 back the offense will be too 

6 hours ago, oldfootballplayer said:

I realize that a lot of people don't like comparing football teams' numbers (e.g., scores, records, rankings, etc.), but I think a comparison of Whitwell and TC by the numbers is interesting.    

Combined Won/Loss Records of Opponents  TC 33-14,  WHS 10-28
Avg Opponent Ranking (by Sonny Moore) of TC  180.1, WHS  250.5
Highest Rated Opponent (by Sonny Moore)   TC 66, WHS 166
Average Points Scored Per Game    TC 29.86, WHS 48.3
Avg Points Scored by Opponents Per Game  TC 11.29, WHS  6.83       

Using these numbers, comparing the strength of both schedules, considering the return of TC's QB and another key player who has been out, and adding some Kentucky windage, I predict the following:

TC will score 28-35 points

Whitwell will score less than its average of 48 points per game. 

Should be a good game. "If the good Lord's willing and the water don't rise over the creekbank", I will be there.

Stealing my thunder with the numbers. Haha I’ll still put my post together when I get back to my spreadsheet Monday. I’m a numbers guy too and alway enjoy comparing this information even though it doesn’t add up to a hill of beans. Noticed you said you were 160 miles out of the Ole Hart of TN, if you don’t mind me asking, what parts you coming from? Huntsville? Paducah?