Gallatin at HHS.....who ya got

Sets up for a great atmosphere at HHS.   An early Sr night for HHS.  MyTV game of the week.  This is still THE rivalry for many of us older folks.  Its nt a region game anymore but still matters very much to the Green Wave and Commando fans.

You just never know how this game will go.  I do feel like HHS will be able to run the ball with success.  Gallatin has athletes everywhere.  Can they pull it together for this game?  Looking forward to Friday night.  Will be the last time one of my boys will suit up against Gallatin.  Hopefully they are fired up, ready to play and can get the clean sweep of Sumner County. Go Commandos!!

Hoping for a good matchup come Friday night. Idk if Gallatin is deep enough in the trenches to continually stop that run game. The skill guys are up to par, and they need to have a big night. I say it honestly depends on which Commando or Green Wave team shows up. If both come ready to go, it will be a 4th qtr game. If one or the other isn't prepared, I think this game is over by halftime. I believe both, but more-so Gallatin, need to show that consistency week in/week out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

Hoping for a good matchup come Friday night. Idk if Gallatin is deep enough in the trenches to continually stop that run game. The skill guys are up to par, and they need to have a big night. I say it honestly depends on which Commando or Green Wave team shows up. If both come ready to go, it will be a 4th qtr game. If one or the other isn't prepared, I think this game is over by halftime. I believe both, but more-so Gallatin, need to show that consistency week in/week out. 

I have a feeling both teams will show up ready to play!!

23 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Commandos run away in the second half... depth and conditioning will be huge factors  as the game plays out. 35-7

Seeing how Gallatin has played much better in the second half of games except the MJ game, I do not see how conditioning plays a factor at all unless that comment is directed at Hville.  

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Seeing how Gallatin has played much better in the second half of games except the MJ game, I do not see how conditioning plays a factor at all unless that comment is directed at Hville.  

It is my opinion that Commandos have more depth.... Like Mt Juliet, they will run fresh horses at you for 4 qtrs. The Greenwave is well conditioned, but a really good solid #2 who is fresh will often out perform a really tired and tattered #1  I think because HHS will cycle so many fres bodies over the course of the game, unless you can match up from a depth perspective it will be hard to keep up in the late qtrs when you might be seeing fatigue . No disrespect Gallatin has a solid program... I just don't know if they are deep enough this year

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

It is my opinion that Commandos have more depth.... Like Mt Juliet, they will run fresh horses at you for 4 qtrs. The Greenwave is well conditioned, but a really good solid #2 who is fresh will often out perform a really tired and tattered #1  I think because HHS will cycle so many fres bodies over the course of the game, unless you can match up from a depth perspective it will be hard to keep up in the late qtrs when you might be seeing fatigue . No disrespect Gallatin has a solid program... I just don't know if they are deep enough this year

I don’t really see fatigue being a factor.  Their #1’s might be better than Gallatin’s 1’s or their 2’s better than the Wave’s 2’s but I do not see conditioning being a factor.  Gallatin has 80 plus players this year and I bet Hendersonville has at least 70+ without me even seeing their complete roster.  The Commandos could very easily beat the pants off of Gallatin this year or the game could be tight down the stretch.  This rivalry always has some twists and turns.  

Edited by GWAVE1
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 10:01 AM, JacketNationFan1 said:

My thoughts which really doesn't matter because I don't have a dog in this fight. But Hville beat Lebanon and I believe Lebanon is better than Gallatin. So i'm going with a commando victory. Hville wins 31-17

I agree. They also have Station Camp and Wilson Central as common opponents. Gallatin went 1-1 in close games and Hendersonville beat both by a combined 50 points.

Its a rivalry game so who knows but I think that Hendersonville is a couple scores better as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

I agree. They also have Station Camp and Wilson Central as common opponents. Gallatin went 1-1 in close games and Hendersonville beat both by a combined 50 points.

Its a rivalry game so who knows but I think that Hendersonville is a couple scores better as well.

I think a lot of this depends on which Hendersonville team shows up. I also believe Gallatin is playing much better football than when they played SC. 

8 hours ago, eers said:

I think a lot of this depends on which Hendersonville team shows up. I also believe Gallatin is playing much better football than when they played SC. 

Sleepwalking through the entire first half into the middle of the third before waking up and still came back to put it in overtime.  If it wasn’t for the two terrible calls in overtime both which would have been called Tds by anyone seeing the photos and film that game “might” have had a very different ending.  It definitely would not have been a chip shot fg for the easy win.  But it is a bad loss and that is that.  

It will be interesting to see if Gallatin can somehow slow down the Commando running game.  Gallatin will also have to find some open receivers and make some catches.