Union City hosts Adamsville

Bigsw02

32 minutes ago, utvol2 said:

If I get off work on time Friday I’ll drive up & check out the facilities! Either way I know I won’t be playing QB or defense! That’s all I got brother! Have a good week!! If I make it would be glad to meet you!! 

Yes sir it would be great to shake your hand. I hope you get the chance to come up. If you do we will set a place and time to meet

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:20 AM, Bigsw02 said:

Well last year them Cardinals put a whoopin on my Tornadoes. I wasn't expecting that. But every now and then you run up on a team that is ready to play. That's what happened in that game. This year is a little different. My Tornadoes are still getting back on their feet after some injuries to key players. We are still growing and developing some younger guys, which is a good thing, and we are starting to get key players involved in the game again. Our QB that started the season is playing defense and played a little tailback last night, I think it will only be a matter of time before he is back under center. Will that be this week? I have no clue. But I don't think it will be much longer until he is back running the offense. 

Defensively I like how we have been playing. We are vulnerable in a few areas but those areas are going to be solidified very soon. We did okay last night against a resurgent GC team that is now a good and solid program. I thought we answered the bell very well. 

I don't know anything about Aville. But I can promise you this, we won't be looking at their record or anything else. We will be prepared, just as if they are undefeated and the best team on the schedule. So what do you guys think?

GC has improved a lot but don't be mislead by that win over Trenton.  These are 16 year olds. GC came to play and we did not. 3 interceptions, one fumble, penalties all night. I still say some of those turnovers were due to the play of GC. I knew the all out defense that GC played against us would not work against UC.  But GC deserves some credit for beating PHS.  PHS is still the team everybody thought they were.  Believe that

33 minutes ago, UCStrong77 said:

Looking at the Murphy’s Fair book and reading about Adamsville makes me wonder why they are struggling so much. Looks like some huge kids up front and on the defensive line.  It appears they definitely have the size 

I think they have had a ton of injuries and it’s seems like one of their posters said they were young 

21 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

GC has improved a lot but don't be mislead by that win over Trenton.  These are 16 year olds. GC came to play and we did not. 3 interceptions, one fumble, penalties all night. I still say some of those turnovers were due to the play of GC. I knew the all out defense that GC played against us would not work against UC.  But GC deserves some credit for beating PHS.  PHS is still the team everybody thought they were.  Believe that

Trust me my friend, no one is sleeping on The Tide. You are correct. They are the team everyone thought they would be

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, UCStrong77 said:

Looking at the Murphy’s Fair book and reading about Adamsville makes me wonder why they are struggling so much. Looks like some huge kids up front and on the defensive line.  It appears they definitely have the size 

We are just young & inexperienced! The kids have the talent to be a very good team but the injuries and lack of depth have taken a toll! It all started the 1st game of the season and kind of snowballed! These kids play hard & don’t quit though! Mostly sophomores starting now, so you’ll get a preview of the team we’ll have the next two years! Just wish a few bounces could have went their way! I believe it will be a good game Friday night!  

4 minutes ago, utvol2 said:

We are just young & inexperienced! The kids have the talent to be a very good team but the injuries and lack of depth have taken a toll! It all started the 1st game of the season and kind of snowballed! These kids play hard & don’t quit though! Mostly sophomores starting now, so you’ll get a preview of the team we’ll have the next two years! Just wish a few bounces could have went their way! I believe it will be a good game Friday night!  

Brother y’all are actually due some bounces and maybe this game. But for everyone. Aville has size but they are young. You take a kid who is 260 but is a sophomore then the size does not matter when he is facing an experienced senior. These boys are learning and are facing adversity now as youngens. So you better watch out the next couple of years. They will learn from this and they will be ready for revenge. So get them while you can. And remember if you run tough shot or run it up on them there will be a payback. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

Well BigEd the posters on this thread have nothing to do with running the score up on anyone. In fact, I hope we score just enough to win. 

Brother was not pointing that at you guys. You all just take what is given. I was Just pointing out that there may be a score card being kept by theses young men. That’s all. No shade meant.  10-26-18

Edited by BigEdMo