Henry County at Northeast

MSURacer

27 minutes ago, Swarm4Life said:

Just kidding about the 6A comment. Would love to play in a different region though

No where for HC to go unless they go to region 8 with Memphis.  Dyer County should already be there instead of across the River in Clarksville region.  I personally think HC should declare 6A and get with region 7 and make it a 6 team region.  

16 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

It's only been two years since we were absolutely owned by Centennial and Brentwood. Be careful what you wish for. 

Yeah we aren't a 6A team. Don't really know why this is even brought up. Back a few years ago should have put Union City in 6A. That sounds so ridiculous. 

Do any of you Clarksville Folk( if there are any on here ) have any feel for whether or not NE can regain their composure and will to win to give East Nashville a good game Friday. With the injuries and expelled players I think it will be a pretty hard task .East Nashville is a pretty good 8-1 team whose only loss was by double digits to a very strong Pearl Cohn.

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil

25 minutes ago, Gbrpats said:

Yeah we aren't a 6A team. Don't really know why this is even brought up. Back a few years ago should have put Union City in 6A. That sounds so ridiculous. 

Let me be clear. I want no part of 6A (obviously should not have been stated, even jokingly). Henry County is definitely in the classification that they need to be in. I "wish" there was another region that we could be a part of rather than the region that we are currently in...because of obvious facts. (Lack of competition, atmospheres, visitor attendance doesn't usually reach double digits, making the same trip over and over, etc.) 

5 minutes ago, olddevil said:

Do any of you Clarksville Folk( if there are any on here ) have any feel for whether or not NE can regain their composure and will to win to give East Nashville a good game Friday. With the injuries and expelled players I think it will be a pretty hard task .East Nashville is a pretty good 9-1 team whose only loss was by double digits to a very strong Pearl Cohn.

GO BIG RED

Did you say Expelled Players?  Do tell

1 hour ago, olddevil said:

Sorry,   I was just using a figure of speech for the  ejected players from the HC game

I am not trying to throw stones, because I live in a glass house myself, but what started out as a possible run at Cookeville has turned into a mess with eligibility issues and discipline issues by players and coaches during game action, and not shaking hands with CHS players during coin toss, on TV.  How does NE recover from this moving forward?  I watched their game on TV vs rival Clarksville and they looked pretty good.  

14 minutes ago, ocac said:

I am not trying to throw stones, because I live in a glass house myself, but what started out as a possible run at Cookeville has turned into a mess with eligibility issues and discipline issues by players and coaches during game action, and not shaking hands with CHS players during coin toss, on TV.  How does NE recover from this moving forward?  I watched their game on TV vs rival Clarksville and they looked pretty good.  

All NE can really do is try and end its season on a positive note this week. That, and hopefully learn from the situation going forward regarding the eligibility issue. This season was the best shot they have had in a long time, maybe ever. I hate it for their seniors, but it is what it is. I believe seeing their season being flushed down the drain in real time, more than anything, is why tempers flared in such a way Friday night. It in no way excuses the behavior, but I had a feeling going in that there would be a risk of that happening if things unfolded a certain way, and unfortunately it came to fruition.    

2 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

All NE can really do is try and end its season on a positive note this week. That, and hopefully learn from the situation going forward regarding the eligibility issue. This season was the best shot they have had in a long time, maybe ever. I hate it for their seniors, but it is what it is. I believe seeing their season being flushed down the drain in real time, more than anything, is why tempers flared in such a way Friday night. It in no way excuses the behavior, but I had a feeling going in that there would be a risk of that happening if things unfolded a certain way, and unfortunately it came to fruition.    

"It in no way excuses the behavior, but I had a feeling going in that there would be a risk of that happening if things unfolded a certain way, and unfortunately it came to fruition."

That would indicate a culture problem at NE?  Your statement leads me to believe people from the outside predicted this kind of behavior?  That is not a good situation if that is the case.  I hope it is not the case.

4 minutes ago, ocac said:

"It in no way excuses the behavior, but I had a feeling going in that there would be a risk of that happening if things unfolded a certain way, and unfortunately it came to fruition."

That would indicate a culture problem at NE?  Your statement leads me to believe people from the outside predicted this kind of behavior?  That is not a good situation if that is the case.  I hope it is not the case.

Hard for me to answer that. I don't know their coaching staff or any of their players personally, but for me, the prediction stemmed more from the context of the situation than any particular culture issue. 

Considering this was the best team they have had since probably the mid 90's, and considering they had to forfeit 5 wins, putting their playoff hopes on life support, and considering they're sick to their stomachs of losing to Henry County, I assumed the risk of tempers flaring was probably going to be greater than normal.