East Robertson @ Westmoreland

GBO52

East coming off a bye but a blow out in their last game by TC, and Eagles coming off 2 ugly L's. Can the eagles get it done in this weeks region game? Both teams should be playing with something to prove. ER(2-1) in the region beating possibly the worst two teams in the region, and Westy (1-2) only beating one of those bottom teams and loosing to both the top teams..... ER beat Jackson County 26-20, Westy beat Jackson 27-6... ER beat Jo Byrns 22-8,  Westy beat JB 14-0... ER lost to TC 42-0, Westy lost to TC 37-0..... The similar games have all come with the same Win, loss result. Predictions?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GBO52 said:

Can they throw? Are they big upfront? 

Very big up front, 2 guys 300+. QB is good and athletic, they have a 6'3 Fr. WR that is leading WR in Region, we doubled him all night and they couldn't do anything about it. Their D is not to good, we worked the edge a lot, running off tackle and sweeps. Nose guard is one of the 300+ guys so we just ran away from him. We beat them up pretty good physically so that's why i'm picking westy. 

Worries me because our line is hit or miss... one game they look good and another they shoot their hands but they are done after that.... Our secondary is consistently not where it needs to be. Coverage is bad and they just don't want to hit anyone.... I know we can win but we have to get these kinks fixed!

1 hour ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

Very big up front, 2 guys 300+. QB is good and athletic, they have a 6'3 Fr. WR that is leading WR in Region, we doubled him all night and they couldn't do anything about it. Their D is not to good, we worked the edge a lot, running off tackle and sweeps. Nose guard is one of the 300+ guys so we just ran away from him. We beat them up pretty good physically so that's why i'm picking westy. 

On 10/8/2018 at 11:31 AM, JacketNationFan1 said:

I agree if you can find some offense besides 44 and sure up that secondary, I have said before I think Westy as a 3 seed could play with the other regions 2. 

I don't see it.

Its gonna be between Marion County, Polk County or Bledsoe County. Marion County has already beaten Bledsoe and plays Polk in the last game. Polk plays Bledsoe this week. If Bledsoe beats Polk then it will be Marion County regardless of what happens in that final game.

So lets say its Marion County. They are 3-4 with losses to 3A Sequatchie, South Pitt, Tyner and 5A Rhea County. They lost by a touchdown to Sequatchie. They got blown out by SP and Tyner as would anybody in this region not named TC or Watertown. And Rhea County is a solid 5A team they lost by 13.

Sequatchie and Rhea County are both ranked considerably higher in the state than Livingston Academy and about in the same area as TC. And Marion County was able to play those teams close while Westmoreland got blown out easily in those games.

2 hours ago, jimb1972 said:

Winner stays out of Tyner in first round! Loser out?

Out? Out of the playoffs? No. But pretty much by having to play Tyner in the first round.