AP POLL CLASS 2A OCT 8 2018

Southtowner

6 hours ago, Trollin said:

Bass, just curious. Why do you think Meigs is #1? Their schedule strength is ranked second to last at #46. They have only played 2 teams above 500. 3 other teams have either 1 win or no wins. I just don’t see them being the #1 team in the STATE. Meaning they are better than every other team! The top! How is that even possible when they have played nobody accountable. Please explain.

You had 3 chances to prove your team was "great" or deserved a #1 ranking, and well we know how that turned out. Truth of the matter is since your defense is so bad your qb may win Mr football again. Easy to put up good numbers when in 10 games you play 40 quarters whereas competition only has 20 quarters to compete because their team takes care of business by half time. But go ahead and brag about how good your team is and how they deserve a number #1 ranking. No one at Meigs cares that we are #1 you only care that your team isn't. And btw if we are somehow  lucky enough to meet go ahead and bring some crow. I doubt they serve it at the concession where we may meet. 

4 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

So what do teams like Meigs and CA do to earn respect? Keep their starters in the whole game so they can win by 7 or 8 touchdowns or more to show how good they are just to waste the energy of the starters and risk injuries? Or is there no way of them earning any respect because the teams they play are not good?

No one needs to earn the respect of someone who is butthurt over his team under performing while he is mad at a team that has managed to get it done. Oneida is next up for us they are 5-2. Laugh if we get beat if it makes  you feel better. Polk after that will probably be 6-2 the following weekend when we play them. If you had beat one of those teams you would probably be a great team but all you have left is to bash another teams schedule because your schedule is tough and you didnt get it done.

• Like 2

Here are the teams with a loss that has earned it in the aspect of higher division, maybe higher rank. 

Tyner

Columbia Academy

Waverly

Waverly If you count the loss to 1A Huntingdon scheduling up ( they are a good team but it's not the same to losing to Greeneville or Alcoa ) they didnt make it to the championship last year so you can play up their ability all you want, you didnt get that one done 2 years in a row.

Fairley

Those are the teams with deserved losses according to the butthurt Troll. Its comical he wants to back his team for their losses but says nothing about the other teams with the same scenario type losses. Best thing you can do is go take a shower clean out the salty draws you apparently have massive buildup. 

Union City

This team also has a loss to a team who is considered scheduling up. And a couple losses to other teams with many key players hurt. But all their competition has been good none the less.

Trousdale 

3 losses to 3 great teams. 2 of which were to higher division teams other is to Whitwell an undefeated ranked 1A team definite contender along with South Pitt, and Greenback from the East.

Instead of attacking someone's schedule why dont you give credit to someone else's schedule other than your own Troolin or are you so blinded by the butthurt that your team has 3 losses you fail to see you arent in a class of your own. I doubt you could beat any of those teams and when you got beat they wouldn't say they scheduled up when they played Waverly. They would say good offense but their defense wouldn't keep them on the game. Trust me when i say there are defenses in 2A that will maybe not stop your offense completely, but will slow it down over the course of four quarters to get a win. Sounds like your loss last year that put you out of the playoffs right? There are sadly for you a few teams out there that can do that in 2A. And in West Tn I'm sure. If not,  if were fortunate enough to make it to face each other Meigs may just have it waiting on you. I'm not looking past next game either fanboy. But at least I could look past 3 losses and hold my head high if I were in your shoes instead of moaning about opponents that have no meaning to you at this point . If you like I can make a fanboy poll for.you and put Waverly in the top 3 and Meigs 17th if it makes you sleep and feel a little better about yourself.

Edited by Imthayeti
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Trollin said:

Bass, just curious. Why do you think Meigs is #1? Their schedule strength is ranked second to last at #46. They have only played 2 teams above 500. 3 other teams have either 1 win or no wins. I just don’t see them being the #1 team in the STATE. Meaning they are better than every other team! The top! How is that even possible when they have played nobody accountable. Please explain.

SP schedule strength is worse at 52.(it will change this week tho)Do you think they dont deserve it either??You just dont like Tigers!lol

Edited by orngnblk

8 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

So what do teams like Meigs and CA do to earn respect? Keep their starters in the whole game so they can win by 7 or 8 touchdowns or more to show how good they are just to waste the energy of the starters and risk injuries? Or is there no way of them earning any respect because the teams they play are not good?

Well for starters your head coach could schedule tougher non region opponents

6 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Meigs returned 11 starters on offense and 9 starters on defense from a 12-1 season last year, they lost to Rockwood after the QB got hurt at the start of the second quarter, if not for that I believe they might have been in Cookeville last year. they have one of the best QB,s in the state, they have some very good receivers and three very good running backs, they have one of the best lines you will see in 2A, I’m pretty sure the coache said they play around 22-25 kids on first defense. as far as the schedule they play all 3A and 4A schools in non region games, but those teams are down this year. And I think just about every game has been over by the end of the first quarter Besides Sequatchie there not a bad team.

Thank you for giving a valid educational response! Rather than these other posters giving a smart #### response. Makes more sense now. I have no clue about Meigs other than what Coach T says. Thanks for filling me in with a good football response

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

You had 3 chances to prove your team was "great" or deserved a #1 ranking, and well we know how that turned out. Truth of the matter is since your defense is so bad your qb may win Mr football again. Easy to put up good numbers when in 10 games you play 40 quarters whereas competition only has 20 quarters to compete because their team takes care of business by half time. But go ahead and brag about how good your team is and how they deserve a number #1 ranking. No one at Meigs cares that we are #1 you only care that your team isn't. And btw if we are somehow  lucky enough to meet go ahead and bring some crow. I doubt they serve it at the concession where we may meet. 

Never have I said that “my team” deserves to be #1 or that “they” are the best. Actually I never even mentioned “my team”. It was a legit question. I don’t know much about East teams other than this site, so I was trying to get a good football response. Instead I get mostly smart #### responses from ppl like you. Again thanks to Dadof2. 

Never bragged about “my team”. Or mentioned “our” QB. Truth is, when you play tougher opponents, it prepares your team for playoff battle and makes them better. Yea our players played 4 quarters in those big games. Your team plays cupcakes and has no 4 quarter experience. Could hurt you when time comes when they have to play 4 quarters.

Knock those 3 games all you want. Look at those 3 teams. Look at their records. Look at their schedules. Look at their history. I’m willing to bet my paycheck that most, including your team would lose those games. 

I can only pray that our teams meet one day. So you can see. Or maybe you should just go watch a game or look at some film of them to realize how talented Waverly is. Just ask our opponents. 

But again... thanks for the attitude.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Never have I said that “my team” deserves to be #1 or that “they” are the best. Actually I never even mentioned “my team”. It was a legit question. I don’t know much about East teams other than this site, so I was trying to get a good football response. Instead I get mostly smart #### responses from ppl like you. Again thanks to Dadof2. 

Never bragged about “my team”. Or mentioned “our” QB. Truth is, when you play tougher opponents, it prepares your team for playoff battle and makes them better. Yea our players played 4 quarters in those big games. Your team plays cupcakes and has no 4 quarter experience. Could hurt you when time comes when they have to play 4 quarters.

Knock those 3 games all you want. Look at those 3 teams. Look at their records. Look at their schedules. Look at their history. I’m willing to bet my paycheck that most, including your team would lose those games. 

I can only pray that our teams meet one day. So you can see. Or maybe you should just go watch a game or look at some film of them to realize how talented Waverly is. Just ask our opponents. 

But again... thanks for the attitude.

Actually I responded to you the way you talk to other people. Tou have no people skills or bedside manner so to speak. Sonic you hate recieving it try not to dish it out. Also no one cares if we would lose it bothers you for some reason Meigs is up top. You'd probably have an undefeated season as well if you had our schedule but so what? No one else would make the crying statements like you do every poll that comes out

10 hours ago, Trollin said:

Figured you would say something to defend them sense CA is ranked LAST in the STATE. First, the question was for BASS, and second you didn’t answer my question. You sound like the AP Pollers, oh look at Meigs, they are 7-0 and beat these terrible teams by 5 TDS. They must be the best! CA will see too. Their time is coming, just like Meigs is. 

This right here is why people respond to you the way they do. You have no kindness in you and when you dont get your way you seem to go full fledge Democrat or leftist or Antifa lol. You dont agree with me ? Well your a hater, racist, fill in the blank negativity here mentality. I wonder if your wife if your lucky enough to be married can speak with out you slapping her.

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Here are the teams with a loss that has earned it in the aspect of higher division, maybe higher rank. 

Tyner

Columbia Academy

Waverly

Waverly If you count the loss to 1A Huntingdon scheduling up ( they are a good team but it's not the same to losing to Greeneville or Alcoa ) they didnt make it to the championship last year so you can play up their ability all you want, you didnt get that one done 2 years in a row.

Fairley

Those are the teams with deserved losses according to the butthurt Troll. Its comical he wants to back his team for their losses but says nothing about the other teams with the same scenario type losses. Best thing you can do is go take a shower clean out the salty draws you apparently have massive buildup. 

Union City

This team also has a loss to a team who is considered scheduling up. And a couple losses to other teams with many key players hurt. But all their competition has been good none the less.

Instead of attacking someone's schedule why dont you give credit to someone else's schedule other than your own Troolin or are you so blinded by the butthurt that your team has 3 losses you fail to see you arent in a class of your own. I doubt you could beat any of those teams and when you got beat they wouldn't say they scheduled up when they played Waverly. They would say good offense but their defense wouldn't keep them on the game. Trust me when i say there are defenses in 2A that will maybe not stop your offense completely, but will slow it down over the course of four quarters to get a win. Sounds like your loss last year that put you out of the playoffs right? There are sadly for you a few teams out there that can do that in 2A. And in West Tn I'm sure. If not,  if were fortunate enough to make it to face each other Meigs may just have it waiting on you. I'm not looking past next game either fanboy. But at least I could look past 3 losses and hold my head high if I were in your shoes instead of moaning about opponents that have no meaning to you at this point . If you like I can make a fanboy poll for.you and put Waverly in the top 3 and Meigs 17th if it makes you sleep and feel a little better about yourself.

I’m thankful you wasted all that time to write this post to prove nothing. I’m not knocking Meigs, just curious as to why everyone thinks they are the #1 team. My post was never about Waverly. And if you check my posts you will see that I’ve never mentioned or “whined” about Waverly and the polls that really mean nothing to anyone. 

I’ll make you feel a little better and tell you my opinion of West teams, since I’m here and know these teams better than any East team.

Peabody isn’t as good as many ppl think. UC isn’t as good as many ppl think. Columbia Academy’s schedule is weak. Nobody knows how good any of these teams really are. Region 6 is weak other than Parsons and Waverly. Region 5 is weak. Region 7 was supposed to be the slobber knocker region but they haven’t lived up to the hype. At this point who knows. There are a handful of teams in the west that can represent the West. 

The bottom line is, I was trying to understand and get educated on the East “Meigs” since I know nothing of them other than they have played cupcake teams 2 years in a row

4 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

This right here is why people respond to you the way they do. You have no kindness in you and when you dont get your way you seem to go full fledge Democrat or leftist or Antifa lol. You dont agree with me ? Well your a hater, racist, fill in the blank negativity here mentality. I wonder if your wife if your lucky enough to be married can speak with out you slapping her.

I mean really? You went there? Lol what a POS you are for bringing family into it.

Love to see you so maybe I could slap you around. Sounds like you might need an adjustment.

Your the one getting butt hurt and defending your cupcake team. Yea... I like to get ppl rowled up. It’s fun, and just like you I’m passionate about my team. 

As far as my statement about CA. Yea. It’s war. Love to get them rowled up every chance I get. It’s all and fun. 

Bottom line is, I was honestly trying to get a little explanation on why/how is Meigs #1 in everyone’s eyes. 

But good luck to you cupcakes this season. Hope y’all go 10-0 and lose in the first round. Cupcake season champs!!!

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Trollin said:

I mean really? You went there? Lol what a POS you are for bringing family into it.

Love to see you so maybe I could slap you around. Sounds like you might need an adjustment.

Your the one getting butt hurt and defending your cupcake team. Yea... I like to get ppl rowled up. It’s fun, and just like you I’m passionate about my team. 

As far as my statement about CA. Yea. It’s war. Love to get them rowled up every chance I get. It’s all and fun. 

Bottom line is, I was honestly trying to get a little explanation on why/how is Meigs #1 in everyone’s eyes. 

But good luck to you cupcakes this season. Hope y’all go 10-0 and lose in the first round. Cupcake season champs!!!

Had any of my chats with you were pleasant I would not have responded the way I did. However you are always negative so I responded in kind. And as far as smacking me around I'm glad you are brave on message boards 

Ways to practice smacking Imthayet:

1 Go practice falling down

2 Practice playing dead

3 learn a lesson from 1 and 2

4 Smart people wouldn't try it twice.

Edited by Imthayeti

46 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Well for starters your head coach could schedule tougher non region opponents

CA has plays the exact same schedule this season as last season. Last year:

Nashville Christian (8-4, D2A playoff semifinals, lost to eventual State Champion Friendship Christian)

Spring Hill (6-6, D1AAAA Second round loss to Marshal county)

Summertown (Region Opponent)

Lipscomb Academy (1-10, played 3rd Overall Hardest Schedule  in D2A)

Forrest (Region Opponent)

Community (Region Opponent)

Franklin Road Academy (5-7, D2AA second round loss to eventual state champions Lasuanne)

Eagleville (Region Opponent)

Lewis County (Region Opponent)

Loretto (Region Opponent)

CA has played the same schedule this season as last, it’s not their fault that the teams aren’t as good as last year, besides FRA who has become much better than they were at the beginning of the season.