AP POLL CLASS 2A OCT 8 2018

Southtowner

52 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

I'm going to be honest with you, TC's offense against Watertown was a lot better than against Whitwell.  TC is happy to have 8 back no doubt, but when he was gone offensively they spread the love to other player-makers besides one kid.  Against Whitwell they were very one dimensional  

Only said I watched them play :thumb:

13 hours ago, Trollin said:

Bass, just curious. Why do you think Meigs is #1? Their schedule strength is ranked second to last at #46. They have only played 2 teams above 500. 3 other teams have either 1 win or no wins. I just don’t see them being the #1 team in the STATE. Meaning they are better than every other team! The top! How is that even possible when they have played nobody accountable. Please explain.

I still think Peabody wins it all this season, but they lost a game so I went ahead and elevated Meigs County. Regardless if record you can’t ever count out Union City either.  I think Meigs, Tyner, Watertown, and Trousdale all have good teams in the east. All of them will have a shot to go in the east. The question you asked about Meigs? I had them at 2. Peabody lost a game so I kind of had to move Meigs up. That’s the way polls work. LMBO

1 hour ago, CharlieTweeder said:

I'm going to be honest with you, TC's offense against Watertown was a lot better than against Whitwell.  TC is happy to have 8 back no doubt, but when he was gone offensively they spread the love to other player-makers besides one kid.  Against Whitwell they were very one dimensional  

Also bud I didnt mean anything negative about Trousdale, just meant I've seen some of the top teams on East Tn side. I'd like to see Tyner as well but never could get a free night or Meigs bye to watch them play. I just wanted to be able to compare talents and weaknesses so to speak.

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

1 hour ago, CharlieTweeder said:

I'm going to be honest with you, TC's offense against Watertown was a lot better than against Whitwell.  TC is happy to have 8 back no doubt, but when he was gone offensively they spread the love to other player-makers besides one kid.  Against Whitwell they were very one dimensional  

Also bud I didnt mean anything negative about Trousdale, just meant I've seen some of the top teams on East Tn side. I'd like to see Tyner as well but never could get a free night or Meigs bye to watch them play. I just wanted to be able to compare talents and weaknesses so to speak.

I didn't take it that way at all.  Maybe we can get something going and play host to you guys in the 4th round.  That is a long ways away though.

Regardless of all the banter going on and folks' opinions, there are plenty of solid teams vying for it all in 2A.  Meigs, Tyner, Watertown and Trousdale in the East. 

The West has Peabody, Waverly, Union City Riverside and Columbia Academy.  I know Columbia Academy sustained some injuries so my thoughts on them aren't as high as a week ago. 

I'd say whoever ends up in Cookeville will have earned their spot for sure.

11 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Regardless of all the banter going on and folks' opinions, there are plenty of solid teams vying for it all in 2A.  Meigs, Tyner, Watertown and Trousdale in the East. 

The West has Peabody, Waverly, Union City Riverside and Columbia Academy.  I know Columbia Academy sustained some injuries so my thoughts on them aren't as high as a week ago. 

Rightfully so for us. Well see after Friday how the team stands. I think the Coach will do a great job of fixing the QB issue, and the linemen should be back by then. 

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Very important team from the west needs to be included and that's the Fairley Bulldogs 

3 hours ago, Wavo2004 said:

Didn't realize  till today Waverly has the toughest schedule  in 2a 

Surprised. I’ve been preaching that all season! Pissing everyone off defending our Tigers lol Apparently strength of schedule isn’t a factor... so apparently if your 7-0 and 6-1 and have the easiest schedules in 2A your AWESOME 

Edited by Trollin