Wayne county @ Mcewen

wildcat89

I know I've been quiet the past few weeks but this has been a tough time for me, Friday night was the first time in 12 years that I didn't have a kid dressed out for the cats and the first time in 7 years that I didn't have a kid starting, the last time one of mine didn't start a game was when my middle son was a freshman on the 2011 state championship team but had more minutes playing than most of the starters. Enough about all this emotional stuff though it's time to get back to football now! The past two games the cats have shown some life and came out firing, beating Bruceton by double digits and leading Huntington at the half before running out of gas to a very good team. WC has what I've said all along and that their a senior heavy team that have had key injuries at different positions that have kept them out of rhythm but what you can expect is for them to show up and give you all they got! Don't know much about Mcewen but their record and margin of points in their wins and losses, I really think WC can finish this season off with three straight wins and hopefully give somebody a fit in the playoffs. Good luck to all on an injury free Friday night!

Coach Rice showed why he is one of the best coaches around last week against Huntingdon. His game plan was perfect. Huntingdon was challenged thru the air and in gave them fits for a half. Good teams do what they do and made half time adjustments and the Mustangs depth took over. Much respect for the Wildcats. I expect to see you guys again at Huntingdon in Round 2

14 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Coach Rice showed why he is one of the best coaches around last week against Huntingdon. His game plan was perfect. Huntingdon was challenged thru the air and in gave them fits for a half. Good teams do what they do and made half time adjustments and the Mustangs depth took over. Much respect for the Wildcats. I expect to see you guys again at Huntingdon in Round 2

Depth was a big difference as the WC boys were worn out in second half, to many playing both ways. All Huntingdon needed was a turnover or a couple stops, WC didnt have an answer for Htons speed and couldn't stop them, only hope WC had was to score with them and maybe get a turnover themselves. I look for WC to come out swinging again this week as well as the rest of the season, these boys have had their struggles this year but are full of pride and after last week they know they can trade punches with the big dogs, at least for a little while! Last weeks game was a positive for both teams, WC can still hang and Huntingdon knows they gotta come out and play from the start!