Union City Storms Into McKenzie

Bigsw02

12 minutes ago, volsandtitans1 said:

The Rebels have played up and down this year.  They played lights out against TCA but couldn't close the deal.  One point that needs to be made is the Rebels this year have started, at one point, 7 sophomores.  And I will agree, this is not the strongest McKenzie team in many years.  However, these sophomores have shown, at times, they can step up and play.  As for Peabody, they are just good!  We could not match their size and speed.  We will take our lumps this year and hope these young Rebels mature and get better over the winter in the weight room.  There is a pretty good bunch coming up from the 8th graders.  They went undefeated this year and have 3 linemen that I honestly think may get some reps as freshman next year.  

Good luck to all the rest of the way!

The Rebs have the pieces to put together a great season next year!!!! I respect them ! And people started to doubt the Tide after GC,I hope they overlook us!! Who do you think is the best team you've faced so far?

19 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

If you’re looking for Peabody to be the answer. Waverly scored on the first 3 plays of the game. I was at that game, I think we had halls that week. Waverly will be on the side.. that offense is how the spread is supposed to work. They have plays that are built off one another. 

I agree,Waverly plays they spread correctly,we go into a weird version of it,Waverly mixes it up and you are so off balance on D!!! 

5 hours ago, peabodypride said:

The Rebs have the pieces to put together a great season next year!!!! I respect them ! And people started to doubt the Tide after GC,I hope they overlook us!! Who do you think is the best team you've faced so far?

It is between Peabody and Waverly.  In the end, I really think Peabody has more overall team speed.  When you guys meet them in the playoffs, the line play is going to be critical but it always is.  You two will match up well on the line.  You are both big and physical across the front. I think your linebackers have the edge as well.  Your are alot quicker in the secondary and shutting down anything to the outside.