Elizabethton vs Anderson

EHSTrack06

8 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

This is the truth. But I wouldn't say outcoached. Greeneville has too much talent across the board for any team to keep up with. That run game is dangerous and then you have Ballard in the wings that can hurt you. That being said we WILL be the best team AC has faced so far on both sides of the ball. Boone had a great RB who we shut down as did South. AC can't be that much better than what we've already seen in the running game (Greeneville/Boone) Passing will be the wild card as our secondary can be susceptible to a good passing team.  

I only said out coached because Witten could/should have run the ball more. He seemed too committed to throwing the ball and razzle dazzle. When they did run the ball it was mostly successful

14 hours ago, barb said:

I only said out coached because Witten could/should have run the ball more. He seemed too committed to throwing the ball and razzle dazzle. When they did run the ball it was mostly successful

Oh yeah I agree about that. But I feel he purposely chose to not run it. Which IS odd because we do have a pretty good ground game. Part of me thinks he was wanting to prevent injury in prep for Rds 1 and 2. 

28 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Oh yeah I agree about that. But I feel he purposely chose to not run it. Which IS odd because we do have a pretty good ground game. Part of me thinks he was wanting to prevent injury in prep for Rds 1 and 2. 

I totally 100% agree with you! I said that after the game. Witten knows what he was doing.  Now is what matters.  I think you all will have to have more O balance against AC.  You all have something to prove to them for sure! 

19 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Yeah the Skeptic in me wants to say he knew we would lose and that was a throw away game as we were playoff bound either way so he wanted to save his main stuff for when it really mattered

To some it sounds crazy but I tend to agree. Not that Elizabethton could not beat Greeneville but what did either team have to gain if they get hurt. Especially the lack of running by Betsy. 

4 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Yeah the Skeptic in me wants to say he knew we would lose and that was a throw away game as we were playoff bound either way so he wanted to save his main stuff for when it really mattered

I can't imagine not giving your kids every opportunity to win a big conference game...on purpose. " hey guys you can't possibly win so let's not give it everything we got...ok?" they would never trust him again.

Yep...out coached

• Upvote 1