Blackman builds a tougher resume with Alcoa, Mt Juliet and Ravenwood

Blaze45

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I don't like how the TSSAA has the teams broken up is my main gripe. There is more than just enrollment involved it's called open zones, financial ability and the distance the average kid has to travel to get to that school. There should be factors in place to offset some of the advantages and disadvantages if your seriously going to break this thing up into six public divisions. My only beef is with the TSSAA for not recognizing that. Alcoa is a very good school, a well coached football program and a great fan base and I would do the same for my kid also if I lived three miles from the school but out of the city limits. I didn't mean it the way it came off when I said step to the plate. I was actually trying to commend Alcoa but I posted it on the fly while doing two different things and didn't realize I had actually set the buttons for WWIII when I got back on. It was one of those grammar mistakes I usually make like helping Uncle Jack off a horse or helping jack off a horse.

So basically you want to split county schools from privates and city schools correct?

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:45 PM, Throwdeslant said:

Either way, both teams agreed to play. Alcoa was looking because we all knew the 2 year deal with KY was OVER. Most of the larger schools don’t want to play Alcoa. They constantly use the excuse of Alcoa being a 3A school and not benefiting from playing. That’s a chicken crap excuse... The Tornadoes don’t run from competition. They play who will agree to play...:thumb: 

Im hearing that Alcoa is waiting on a response from Greeneville. Would also like to see Oak Ridge on the schedule, but we all know that isn’t going to happen...

Alcoa and Greeneville this year would of been one I'd paid money to see.   Greeneville loses a ton after this season.   Doubt that would be as good a game next year.

13 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Alcoa and Greeneville this year would of been one I'd paid money to see.   Greeneville loses a ton after this season.   Doubt that would be as good a game next year.

Yeah, I’d like to have see this years New England Patriots play the 85 Bears too. That would have been a great game.......:thumb: If only we had an accurate crystal ball to predict just how good teams were gonna be from one year to the next.....

Edited by Throwdeslant

20 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I’m guessing you paid money to see the Alcoa/Murvul game this year?? I’d pay money to see Greeneville play Murvul this year. That would be a great game...

4 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

I’m guessing you paid money to see the Alcoa/Murvul game this year?? I’d pay money to see Greeneville play Murvul this year. That would be a great game...

You'd be guessing wrong.  Haven't paid money to see a game in several years.   I'm usually at the field by 3:30 and usually invited by the head coach, so it works out pretty good.   One of the only benefits to doing my show.   Oh, and occasionally they'll throw in a free hot dog or hamburger..  (Tullahoma gave us both...)  :lol:

1 minute ago, FridayMainEvent said:

You'd be guessing wrong.  Haven't paid money to see a game in several years.   I'm usually at the field by 3:30 and usually invited by the head coach, so it works out pretty good.   One of the only benefits to doing my show.   Oh, and occasionally they'll throw in a free hot dog or hamburger..  (Tullahoma gave us both...)  :lol:

Then I’m guessing you wouldnt pay money to see Alcoa play Greeneville.. Nice try tho!:thumb:

12 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Yeah, I spent about 60 dollars on gas, 50 on food, and 75 on a hotel room to drive 8 hours to a game last week in Greeneville...  but your right.   I should of thrown that additional 7 bucks in the kitty....

Keep up the good work brother! Just giving you a hard time. If you ever want to see a ballgame, and have time off, give me a shout. I will have a ticket waiting for you at the gate. Appreciate what you do for high school football. :thumb:

• Like 2