Fulton @ OR

SweetScience

I don't usually respond to this kind of post but this time I will. 

We didn't have any fumbles, we had more yards rushing  Oh and we had 11 penalties for 68 yards and usually on offense. And we played one of the best teams in the state.  Is that positive enough for you. We shouldn't commit 11 penalties in any game especially the 10th game of the year.  Booker has done good all year long, really proud of him. We could have given him a WWA shirt every week but sometimes he's human and doesn't do so well. I'm glad we have him .  I've probably been going to Oak Ridge games since before you were born so don't start on me about being positive!

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

I wasn’t even talking to you. Just my opinion on the thread in general. That’s why I didn’t respond to a specific quote. Dang, relax. 

It’s Barney comment about OR finally finding a quarterback that really got me. 

Edited by froshpop
Adding new info. Correcting spelling error

10 hours ago, bounder said:

I'm kinda late but been out of town. Sounded like we deserved to lose no better than we played. It'll just make us meaner!!!

Anyhow WWA shirts went to #14 and #20.

Let's get ready for the playoffs

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

I agree that we deserved to lose. And they would beat us 9 out of 10 times based on sheer talent alone. While we have some good athletes, we have nothing that resembles about 6-8 of their players. Their best players are 6-8 inches taller than our best players, they weigh about 30-50 more pounds than our best players, and they are just as fast, if not faster. Without some of the mistakes, some of the penalties, and if we recover a fumble that lands in our lap, we somehow beat them. I'm more positive than negative about our team after the game. And I hope you're right about getting meaner. It's time

13 minutes ago, bonkers said:

I agree that we deserved to lose. And they would beat us 9 out of 10 times based on sheer talent alone. While we have some good athletes, we have nothing that resembles about 6-8 of their players. Their best players are 6-8 inches taller than our best players, they weigh about 30-50 more pounds than our best players, and they are just as fast, if not faster. Without some of the mistakes, some of the penalties, and if we recover a fumble that lands in our lap, we somehow beat them. I'm more positive than negative about our team after the game. And I hope you're right about getting meaner. It's time

Ehh, I don't see the talent disparity as being that big myself. They have some great players, especially #6 and Fenderson, but none others that just really stood out to me. We have some players in our own right. Oh yeah, of course the QB stands out too.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Ehh, I don't see the talent disparity as being that big myself. They have some great players, especially #6 and Fenderson, but none others that just really stood out to me. We have some players in our own right. Oh yeah, of course the QB stands out too.

I’m just saying that if you think about our top 4-6 or 8 top athletes, theirs who play the same positions are much taller, much heavier, and just as fast or faster. If they show the replay on TV today, watch and you’ll see what I mean. They’ll beat us 9 out of 10 but I hope that one time we beat them is in round three if we meet 

2 hours ago, bonkers said:

I’m just saying that if you think about our top 4-6 or 8 top athletes, theirs who play the same positions are much taller, much heavier, and just as fast or faster. If they show the replay on TV today, watch and you’ll see what I mean. They’ll beat us 9 out of 10 but I hope that one time we beat them is in round three if we meet 

I have watched the replay and I just am not seeing what you are, but to each their own! It just Isn't THAT noticeable to me, even though that may be the case @ some positions. Heck, everybody is bigger than Graham ha. Yeah, they may be better than us (were Thursday night for sure) , but 9 out of 10 is stretching it IMO.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

I have watched the replay and I just am not seeing what you are, but to each their own! It just Isn't THAT noticeable to me, even though that may be the case @ some positions. Heck, everybody is bigger than Graham ha. Yeah, they may be better than us (were Thursday night for sure) , but 9 out of 10 is stretching it IMO.

Let me make it more clear because it's so obvious to me that I'm frustrated that you can't see it. EVERYONE who touches the ball on offense for us is from 5'6" 150 - 5'11" 185. EVERYONE who touches the ball for them is at least 6'0" and at least 210, and they're just as fast or faster. Plus, they all play defense so they were able to control, if not dominate, our smaller players.

1 hour ago, bonkers said:

Let me make it more clear because it's so obvious to me that I'm frustrated that you can't see it. EVERYONE who touches the ball on offense for us is from 5'6" 150 - 5'11" 185. EVERYONE who touches the ball for them is at least 6'0" and at least 210, and they're just as fast or faster. Plus, they all play defense so they were able to control, if not dominate, our smaller players.

Maybe so, but that's not what got us beat Thursday night IMO. What got us beat is that their guys beat our guys in the trenches. We couldn't get any pressure on Malone, especially in the 1st half. And when you let any QB sit back and pick his targets with the talent they have@ WR, it spells a long night. They had maybe 50 yards rushing on over 20 carries.

I saw them get the better of us, especially in pass protection against our DL. Now if they had of gotten over 200 some odd yards rushing I would agree with you. They were the better team Thursday night for sure, but I saw no "domination" that you speak of, but that's just me.

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Maybe so, but that's not what got us beat Thursday night IMO. What got us beat is that their guys beat our guys in the trenches. We couldn't get any pressure on Malone, especially in the 1st half. And when you let any QB sit back and pick his targets with the talent they have@ WR, it spells a long night. They had maybe 50 yards rushing on over 20 carries.

I saw them get the better of us, especially in pass protection against our DL. Now if they had of gotten over 200 some odd yards rushing I would agree with you. They were the better team Thursday night for sure, but I saw no "domination" that you speak of, but that's just me.

For sure.And almost half the Fulton team is SRs.Oak Ridge plays a lot of Jrs and Sophs.I would love for Oak Ridge to play them again.Watch replay and see how Fulton was going untouched into the backfield.Almost every time we would pull block they would blitz and they would fly into back field.It wasn't like they were overpowering line but just had a really good plan on where to blitz.They have better group of LBs that are fast and good.But Oak Ridge could win if they played again because we didn't do nothing on offense and if we did a flag brought it back.1ST time in my life Ive seen Fulton beat Oak Ridge in football and cant remember losing in bball to them but seems like they did in last 7 yrs.Go Cats