Mckenzie Boyz

rebelman4life

Look this thread should be over by now. McKenzie won a game that came down to the wire. Good effort by both teams. Mathis and Clift are both good so each team needs to stop dogging good players. The late hit on the extra point was just that a late hit. Both teams showed good sportsmanship during the game, don't let a 5 second laps in judgement tarnish a good game. I hope this thread ends shortly after this post it would be better for both teams envolved. WesCharge please post about Westview or somebody you are just stirring things up. Thats all I got to say about that. Remember don't tarnish the greatest sport in the World.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about Huntingdon and Fairview ran the ball down their throat.......don't even try to compare.....Faiview and Lewis just got beat by pure luck.As I sit hear and read these silly post about how strong the Rebels are makes me laugh....Like the ole saying goes I would rather be lucky than good......in Football though it is just the oppisite for being good and stronger goes is a lot better...a blowout is coming and get ready for it for lady luck had and will run out.....Yes both of our teams are home..the rebels won but they are about to get embarrassed...in a big way and that is a shame...for the young guys will take it to heart when they get smashed.......Region 5 is better face it......and live with it........... :)

Gitusome has been complaining ever since Fairview got beat.

McKenzie's been getting some breaks, true, but they still have to capatilize. Also, few teams make it all the way without getting some good breaks along the way - does the UT National Championship season ring a bell?

Taylor, are you playing college ball anywhere? You impressed the fire out of me last year.

I agree with greenjeans. Everyone wants their team to win so if they do, move on. If they lose, move on. I am in the rebel stands every Friday night if we win then 30 minutes of celebration and congratulations are good enough to sink in but then move on. If we lose then 5 minutes of Darn, Darn, Darn a couple of excellent memories from the previous wins and then move on. There are bigger fish to fry.

Guest macwall34

Well, i think people are talking becuz lewis co. said they were gonna make up for last years. But they didnt come through with their promise. I started for the 2001 team and i was there last friday. You cant say its just becuz of the turnovers, cuz that is part of the game. Thats just like sayin, we would have won if we wouldnt have missed those tackles!! I understand though, that the rebels have thier hands full this week and i hope they shut their mouths up and rise to the occasion!! GO REBELS! :)

First of all region 5-2a can't talk about anybody being slow. Yall have the slowest teams in tennessee in yalls region. Sharpe, you are probally the only person in that region that even looks like they can run fast. But you don't even compare to the guys farther west. Region 5-2a has never dominated anything!! as for regions 6-2a and 5-2a being so weak i do believe huntingdon beat westview and union city this year. Mckenzie beat trenton. I know milan beat huntingdon but it was a close game. huntingdon did not dominate mckenzie or riverside this year. I think the regions are very evenly matched this year. We will start talking about next year when this season is over. Until then i don't want to see any post about next year. and yes memphis micthell probally does have a better team but that doesn't always win football games; ask milan. All i can say is good luck to Crocket County, USJ, and Mckenzie.

Guest BoneCrusher

I'm going to go ahead and say what everybody wants to say about lewis co. Their coaches lost the game for them. The players played their hearts out and I know this because they all came off the field crying not because they had lost but because they gave it all they had and came up short. In the 3rd qtr lewis co should of kicked the 40 yard field goal (somebody told me sharp was making them from 50+ in practice). lewis co has this kid named sharp who is a great athlete he can run, kick, and throw. But he only threw 6 passes and ran about 5 times and didn't attempt any field goals. And I just want to know what kind of defense lewis co was running at the end of the game there, it looked like some sort of prevent. I've watched panther games for over 15 years now and i've never seen them drop back and give the other team 8-15 yards a pass like they did the other night. Last year vs. harpeth, harpeth threw for like 250 yds but lewis co came at them every play and didn't run a prevent defense.(for those of you who don't know what a prevent defense does, it prevent's you from winning, which it did to the panthers) it all comes down to the panthers were the better team, they played harder, they left everything on the field, but they were just outcoached.

There should be no excuses win or loss, bothe McKenzie and Lewis County have outstanding football programs and coaches. Coach Bobby Sharp has coached in Milan and McKenzie and Coaches Spivey and Watkins played football in McKenzie. McKenzie and Lewis County have mutual respect for each other. McKenzie just happened to come out on top this year, but Lewis County will be ready for next year. They have plenty of talent and always give anybody a run for the money. ;)

Both McKenzie's and Lewis Co's fans need to stop jawing. The game is over. The score indicates both teams were evenly matched.

Lewis Co has had an outstanding program for years and based on the last few years, McKenzie is as solid as anyone else in West TN 2A. Yall will meet again next year in the playoffs.

The fans need to shake hands like the players did.

I wish McKenzie lots of luck against Mitchell.

Guest pigskinfan

Some facts about Mckenzie. They block, run, and tackle well. They are well coached. And yes, Mckenzie has a lot of heart and luck. It all may come to an end in Memphis. Who Cares! A lot of west-Tn teams Would love to have luck until week 4. JUST REMBER LADY LUCK DON