Beer-Den vizits 825 Lorrunce

STARSNBARS

8 hours ago, ClarkGriswild said:

Maryville looked unrecognizable at times. Coaches arguing on the sidelines. Players looked uncontrollable. I've been saying this since GQ jumped ship... When you cut the head off the snake, it's a different snake.

Maryville has had some great success this year with a two QB system which one of them was hurt this week but will be back. The only part of the snakes head Maryville really misses bad is David Ellis, he is the best offensive line coach I've ever seen and yes I can tell some difference with him being absent. Wished he would have stayed another year but he is retired now. We lost most of the offensive line from last year and David was great about reloading not rebuilding. We are also banged up and bruised a little bit right now also which we're not going to get on here and broadcast unless we know that player will be back next week. Maryville has always been a team that shows up strong in one area when another part has had some issues and it's been that way for the past twenty years so I wouldn't start yelling the sky is falling just yet.

8 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Cant believe that bearden didnt travel well just 20 mins down the road.  You guys have a great team you should follow them anywhere.

Most of the Bearden fans are West Knoxville Warm Blooded Creatures that would prefer to be setting in a basketball gym this time of the year as to set out in the cold. I bet most of them were all at the movies last night.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Maryville has had some great success this year with a two QB system which one of them was hurt this week but will be back. The only part of the snakes head Maryville really misses bad is David Ellis, he is the best offensive line coach I've ever seen and yes I can tell some difference with him being absent. Wished he would have stayed another year but he is retired now. We lost most of the offensive line from last year and David was great about reloading not rebuilding. We are also banged up and bruised a little bit right now also which we're not going to get on here and broadcast unless we know that player will be back next week. Maryville has always been a team that shows up strong in one area when another part has had some issues and it's been that way for the past twenty years so I wouldn't start yelling the sky is falling just yet.

So we lost most of the offensive line from last year ... yet we still beat Oakland who basically brought back their entire Defense from last year ... I think Coach Ellis made sure our Offensive line Coaching was gonna be left in capable hands , just like Coach Quarles made sure our coaching staff would be just fine after he left . 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pepvol said:

So we lost most of the offensive line from last year ... yet we still beat Oakland who basically brought back their entire Defense from last year ... I think Coach Ellis made sure our Offensive line Coaching was gonna be left in capable hands , just like Coach Quarles made sure our coaching staff would be just fine after he left . 

Absolutely. 

3 hours ago, pepvol said:

Didn't say they were awful just said I can tell the difference. 

I would like to compliment/congratulate Coach Shinliver & Co , (espcially Nick Myers , Im kind of partial to him as he and my oldest son played together at MARYVILLE) on the turn around of the Bearden program. That is the best Bearden team that I have seen in years. Congrats to those young men on their fight last night, they never quit. 

Just now, GREYRIDERx said:

I would like to compliment/congratulate Coach Shinliver & Co , (espcially Nick Myers , Im kind of partial to him as he and my oldest son played together at MARYVILLE) on the turn around of the Bearden program. That is the best Bearden team that I have seen in years. Congrats to those young men on their fight last night, they never quit. 

:thumb:

23 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

I agree. That Bearden team was way better than a 4 seed.

Bryson Teffeteller and Tee Hodge ran hard the other night. AJ was outstanding. Loved the pass to Brayden Anderson.  What a catch Brody Sloan had the other night. Offense did enough to win.

Defense was outstanding. Blaze Welch is a great run stuffer. Linebackers were outstanding. Outstanding interception by Devon Kimble. 

Bearden wasnt a typical 4 seed. I see why they were 8-2. Their defense was outstanding. Their defense was right up there with Oakland and Alcoa. 

• Upvote 1