Eagleville @ Riverside Round 1

@38320

2 hours ago, SamMojo said:

Good win for you Panthers. I guess if you have to lose one that’s the way to lose it. Was like a prize fight, blow for blow. Hated the outcome but your guys made the play when it counted. I will have to give your coach props for going for two since we were having a hard time stopping that dive/draw. Win it there and not risk a second OT.  Also his adjustments midway thru 3rd thru the 4th on offense attacking our weaknesses on D. Basically ran a variation of two plays that we couldn’t stop. That’s what a good coach does - keep attacking a weekness.  

12 Cobb is the real deal. He’s hard to stop. Great arm and sneaky speed. Tough kid too. Going to be a big loss when he graduates. All the Eagles played hard and put themselves in position to win. Just couldn’t make the play when it really mattered. 

Vandy, hope you’re not suggesting the refs travelled down with us and that’s the only thing that kept us in the game. That’s selling our kids short. I’ll give you maybe there should have been a penalty for our kid punching a RS on their sideline. I didn’t see it because where it took place but I’ll take your word for it. But don’t tell me RS wasn’t playing with a level of chippyness that earned some of those Unsportsmanlike calls. They were clearly others that could have been called that weren’t. Also the PI’s weren’t warranted either I guess. Lol.

Bottom line neither D had an answer for the others O especially after the rain stopped. They both played hard and it’s was a heck of a game to watch. Good for the Panthers for the win. And we’re very proud of how our Eagles played.  

Oh and by the way, the chili was good and thanks for allowing us to be a part.   

Thanks Sam. It was a hard fought game. Good insights n thanks for the compliments. Eagleville has no reason to hang their heads

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tubthumper said:

Good season for the Eagles, I was hoping for more with Cobb being a senior. Love the way he plays. Felt we underachieved some but then again it is a tough region. Time for the round ball.

I just hope some of the local schools take a long look at Cobb. I think he could play at any OVC school. 

• Like 1