Eagleville @ Riverside Round 1

@38320

4 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I'll second that. Cold and wet...Riverside is put together for cold and wet.

It was a hard hitting affair. Eagleville is a real good football team. I really didn't think we would win after they tied it up with 2:32 in regulation. But our boys came through. 

On 10/30/2018 at 7:41 AM, FridayMainEvent said:

I'll have Eagleville Head Coach Floyd Walker on my show Thursday discussing this game if you guys would like to check that out.   Here is a direct link to that show if you'd like to return here on Thursday and check it out:

Friday Main Event 1st Round Playoff Discussion

I saw your show and wasn't impressed at all. We represented our area well.  Go Riverside!

26 minutes ago, @38320 said:

Glad I got to meet you Vandy 1. I will be for yall until I have to be against you. 

Good to meet you too. 

About the game everything flag to fumble went Evilles way. The refs were rediculous! The better team won tonight. Eville had a very tough team those kids where big and fast #12 is very good. This was a very good game and worth the drive. Good job RS!

2 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Good to meet you too. 

About the game everything flag to fumble went Evilles way. The refs were rediculous! The better team won tonight. Eville had a very tough team those kids where big and fast #12 is very good. This was a very good game and worth the drive. Good job RS!

Thanks vandy. Wanted to get up there n talk to u but little busy lol. But yeah the guys persevered. Found out they could run the ball n hung their hat on it. Eagleville had more than a few second chances but that's the way the game goes sometimes. Cobb is the real deal. Managed the game very well and put them in a position to win. Just came up short. But congratulations on a good season Eagles. Gave the panthers all they wanted 

6 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

Thanks vandy. Wanted to get up there n talk to u but little busy lol. But yeah the guys persevered. Found out they could run the ball n hung their hat on it. Eagleville had more than a few second chances but that's the way the game goes sometimes. Cobb is the real deal. Managed the game very well and put them in a position to win. Just came up short. But congratulations on a good season Eagles. Gave the panthers all they wanted 

Your welcome bud. Now yall go take care of LC!

7 hours ago, TCRadio said:

I hope your joking, mike and lee do this for free to get exposure to kids, coaches, and Tennessee high school football, they are what being a fan is all about, really hope you are joking 

Was just kidding.......................keep up the good work for the kids. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TCRadio said:

I hope your joking, mike and lee do this for free to get exposure to kids, coaches, and Tennessee high school football, they are what being a fan is all about, really hope you are joking 

Thanks Partner!   I'm not naive enough to think everyone will like our show....LOL....  I do have Lee working with me..:roflolk:

9 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

Good win for you Panthers. I guess if you have to lose one that’s the way to lose it. Was like a prize fight, blow for blow. Hated the outcome but your guys made the play when it counted. I will have to give your coach props for going for two since we were having a hard time stopping that dive/draw. Win it there and not risk a second OT.  Also his adjustments midway thru 3rd thru the 4th on offense attacking our weaknesses on D. Basically ran a variation of two plays that we couldn’t stop. That’s what a good coach does - keep attacking a weekness.  

12 Cobb is the real deal. He’s hard to stop. Great arm and sneaky speed. Tough kid too. Going to be a big loss when he graduates. All the Eagles played hard and put themselves in position to win. Just couldn’t make the play when it really mattered. 

Vandy, hope you’re not suggesting the refs travelled down with us and that’s the only thing that kept us in the game. That’s selling our kids short. I’ll give you maybe there should have been a penalty for our kid punching a RS on their sideline. I didn’t see it because where it took place but I’ll take your word for it. But don’t tell me RS wasn’t playing with a level of chippyness that earned some of those Unsportsmanlike calls. They were clearly others that could have been called that weren’t. Also the PI’s weren’t warranted either I guess. Lol.

Bottom line neither D had an answer for the others O especially after the rain stopped. They both played hard and it’s was a heck of a game to watch. Good for the Panthers for the win. And we’re very proud of how our Eagles played.  

Oh and by the way, the chili was good and thanks for allowing us to be a part.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1