Jellico @ Coalfield

rtl112

On 10/27/2018 at 5:14 PM, LTCB said:

So not knowing or seeing Jellico this year but following them since last years coaching situations, why are they considered worse than Copper and Sale?

They're on their 4th coach in less than a year.  They promoted the DC after last season.  He abruptly resigned in April because the players' attitude and work ethic was crap.  Then they hired some guy out of Kentucky.  He had the job for a week, met with the team once, then said "NOPE!" and quit.  I don't believe the guy coaching the team now has any football experience as a player or a coach and the team all wants to play basketball now and likely won't be back next year.  Somehow, this team still managed to blow out Unaka, which tells you a lot about how bad Unaka is.

On 10/27/2018 at 5:50 PM, crow said:

I've always said should've been no football period for 2 years and all sport playoff ban for 2 years. Make if a death penalty and this crap isn't as likely. 

If they had made it a death penalty for forfeiting a playoff game they should have never been put into at 1-9, then Unaka would have just never fielded a team again.  The players quit on the coach and no one there cares about football.

There was talk of an all sport playoff ban, but that didn't happen because it would have been punishing kids who had nothing to do with about a dozen football players' decision to quit.   Unaka is sometimes good in basketball and girls' sports.

Back in the early 90's,  you'd only beat the bad teams 36-14.  I never thought we'd reach the day where so many young men are scared and weak.  Teams like Jellico, Unaka,  and this year's avery team couldn't stop a nosebleed.  The weak teams on our schedule were North and West Greene and we only beat them by 3 scores.  Those boys would knock the poo poo out of ya.  This year at Avery, I witnessed defenders stopping when they had the perfect angle to make a tackle because they were afraid of contact. 

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Back in the early 90's,  you'd only beat the bad teams 36-14.  I never thought we'd reach the day where so many young men are scared and weak.  Teams like Jellico, Unaka,  and this year's avery team couldn't stop a nosebleed.  The weak teams on our schedule were North and West Greene and we only beat them by 3 scores.  Those boys would knock the poo poo out of ya.  This year at Avery, I witnessed defenders stopping when they had the perfect angle to make a tackle because they were afraid of contact. 

I agree football is way down from where it was. I know a lot of people hype up our region (Region 7 2A) but it was the weakest I’ve seen in years. We are 9-1 but the only reason we are is bc we out athlete every team we have played, the only loss which was Gibson County happened bc when it was time to bow up and block someone we failed to do so bc in all honesty I question the mental toughness that our team brings. 

5 hours ago, BlueDevil58 said:

If they had made it a death penalty for forfeiting a playoff game they should have never been put into at 1-9, then Unaka would have just never fielded a team again.  The players quit on the coach and no one there cares about football.

There was talk of an all sport playoff ban, but that didn't happen because it would have been punishing kids who had nothing to do with about a dozen football players' decision to quit.   Unaka is sometimes good in basketball and girls' sports.

I'm sure none of the football players play basketball or baseball or any other sports at unaka the right. I am of the opinion the adults should tell the children what to do, what's right and wrong, to instill a sense of responsibility and ethics into the young people they are charged with teaching and to show by example that when you enter into agreement or contract with someone verbal or otherwise you follow through. You make good on your word. An obvious failure on their part in this case but that's just me and I digress. I guess we can agree to disagree. 

42 minutes ago, crow said:

I'm sure none of the football players play basketball or baseball or any other sports at unaka the right. I am of the opinion the adults should tell the children what to do, what's right and wrong, to instill a sense of responsibility and ethics into the young people they are charged with teaching and to show by example that when you enter into agreement or contract with someone verbal or otherwise you follow through. You make good on your word. An obvious failure on their part in this case but that's just me and I digress. I guess we can agree to disagree. 

I agree.  That's why i tell uknoit what to do

On 10/27/2018 at 5:53 PM, orngnblk said:

I just dont undestand how they get to play myself some will think im selfish but comeon if they were going to let them play lift the ban and let us whip their tail!

Y'all can look back two years ago and see how critical I was of the Unaka football situation and how it was handled by the players/administration, so much so that me AND my family were attacked on social media by members of the community. So you can rest assured I share the same sentiment as you about the situation. THAT SAID:

1. They were handed a 2 year postseason ban; an extra game played for charity is not post season play.

2. These first round bys could have been avoided if Greenback would have accepted being put in Region 1 in the first place, where they are supposed to be. Where they are in every other sport.

So that said, quit your belly aching.

Edited by crazzyness

21 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

Y'all can look back two years ago and see how critical I was of the Unaka football players who quit, so much so that me AND my family were verbally attacked on social media by members of the community. So you can rest assured I share the same sentiment as you about the situation. THAT SAID:

1. They were handed a 2 year postseason ban; an extra game played for charity is not post season play.

2. These first round bys could have been avoided if Greenback would have accepted being put in Region 1 in the first place, where they are supposed to be. Where they are in every other sport.

So that said, quit your belly aching.

You crazy you bring up a point that has slipped by me,after this week the ban is actually over.So in that regard they can do whatever they want......Take care and i wish you and your family the best!

• Thanks 1