3A PICKEM CONTEST

CHARGERFAN

6 minutes ago, EastNasty said:

Correct that would open another can of worms. I wish T$$aa would go back to 5 classes. I also think splitting the privates was dumb but I guess county schools will forever complain.

I'm in for 5 classes. Even 4 classes but that will cost TSSAA a bunch of playoff gate money so very unlikely. Its ridiculous there are 0-10 teams going to the playoffs. 

As for privates I personally feel like they should be separated from publics for a couple reasons. Mainly because of the money they have access to compared to public schools. Whether it be in the form of giving scholarships or having huge budgets for coaching staffs. Most public schools assistant coaches are basically volunteers and the head coaches aren't making bank by any means. There are exceptions of course and always will be regardless of what the rules are. 

9 minutes ago, Swarm said:

Exactly. Which is why I say play where your enrollment puts you. Too complicated to classify based off of roster numbers. Classify from enrollment. TOTAL enrollment. And let the school itself worry about how many kids play or don't. 

So what do you do when the public schools deny the charter and private with the co-op thing because it's not worth it to playing in 6a with 5 players who rarely play?  How do you handle that situation and lawsuit?

2 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

So what do you do when the public schools deny the charter and private with the co-op thing because it's not worth it to playing in 6a with 5 players who rarely play?  How do you handle that situation and lawsuit?

I assume it's up to the school(s) to elect if they want to co-op or not.  What if its 30 players and 5 D1 athletes? Then what? 

If the goal is to make the playing field equal then why would everyone not play by the same rules? Who's going to file a lawsuit? The school with no football team? They need to start a football program then if its that important. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swarm said:

I assume it's up to the school(s) to elect if they want to co-op or not.  What if its 30 players and 5 D1 athletes? Then what? 

If the goal is to make the playing field equal then why would everyone not play by the same rules? Who's going to file a lawsuit? The school with no football team? They need to start a football program then if its that important. 

Ok yall are thinking the best. What co-op school has more then 1 or 2 d1 coop kids on somebody team? Cant put us in that category. Our Qb is a kennsaw st commit and hes the only MLK kid we got with a offer which our last 3 QBs had went off to play college football.  The lawsuit part is a law I'm 98% sure. It states something about about they must have the same opportunity as the publics schools as far as sports. Most of the schools have basketball,soccer, Lacrosse,swimming teams but no fb. It's really how the coop thing started.

15 minutes ago, Swarm said:

The samething happened with education in metro Nashville. Parents didnt want to send there kids to low performing schools which a lawsuit was filed. They won and now you have  Academys in the public schools and middle schoolers can choose what ever school they want to choose as long as they are accepted.

8 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Ok yall are thinking the best. What co-op school has more then 1 or 2 d1 coop kids on somebody team? Cant put us in that category. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tennessean.com/amp/99233974

In this article from 3/17 it says there are 31 MLK players. Brunetti says it's closer to 21. Now I realize this isnt right now and you may not have that many right this minute. But it shows that you easily can on a given year. 21 or 31 extra players is a huge advantage over a school that dont have that option. 

Regardless. As we have discussed ad nauseam, it is what it is. Childress and TSSAA have made it clear that they think it's of no advantage. So here we are. 

46 minutes ago, EastNasty said:

Correct that would open another can of worms. I wish T$$aa would go back to 5 classes. I also think splitting the privates was dumb but I guess county schools will forever complain.

Y'all beating dead horse, school like them think co-op school should play in 5A and 6A off 7 players MLK. Like you said TSSAA can't count MLK enrollment simply because kids don't care about football. Trust me they have turn us in about this and got denied, thats why same two people keep bringing it up. Now Covington folks trying to chime in, all I can say is call TSSAA again about this situation not coach t.

8 minutes ago, Swarm said:

In this article from 3/17 it says there are 31 MLK players. Brunetti says it's closer to 21. Now I realize this isnt right now and you may not have that many right this minute. But it shows that you easily can on a given year. 21 or 31 extra players is a huge advantage over a school that dont have that option. 

Regardless. As we have discussed ad nauseam, it is what it is. Childress and TSSAA have made it clear that they think it's of no advantage. So here we are. 

So why keep bringing it up, if you have a, it is what it is mentality. Especially if Tssaa have made it clear as you stated.

7 minutes ago, Swarm said:

True trust me I understand what your sayin and I also explained it when it to someone one here when I came out. So when they do sign up and coming in the summer you have to put there name on the list and submit them for eligibility.  When the pads are on and kids start hitting folks dropping like flies even some PC kids. Brunetti said 21 but by the end of the year it's more like 5-7 kids. Like this current team we have about 50 kids with about 5 Mlk kids not counting freshmen because Idk.

16 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Y'all beating dead horse, school like them think co-op school should play in 5A and 6A off 7 players MLK. Like you said TSSAA can't count MLK enrollment simply because kids don't care about football. Trust me they have turn us in about this and got denied, thats why same two people keep bringing it up. Now Covington folks trying to chime in, all I can say is call TSSAA again about this situation not coach t.

Agree I dont think it's a big deal but we're a coop school to so I guess we just have totally different views. I cant believe I'm agreeing with the enemy. Yall still suck

1 hour ago, ChargerFan7465 said:

PC is doing the same thing they did last year, lookin way ahead to the semifinals and the championship, they found out what happens when you come out and think your goin to steam roll everybody, and just assume a team is going to lay down when you get a lead on them.......:lol::lol:

I know you're lying didnt even know Covington until semi. We actually thought Raleigh Egypt would've been there instead of Covington. But hey y'all came here and won big props to y'all. But we blew that game that's why I feel like I do about if we play y'all again. Just being honest we haven't said anything til the other day, only because Covington fans think its lock yall playing Alcoa again. You can trace back me and FB 26 haven't said anything about making it to semi nor Cookeville. But enough is enough especially when I feel like Covington win against us last year was a joke. But y'all went Cookeville but that early xmas gift won't happen again!!