Greenback Players

cornerback10

1 hour ago, muskox said:

Has cornersville got some new players since last year.... because If greenback and cornersville hapen to meet in championship do you all really think you have improved 40 points...u would be playing the same team from a year ago that called the dogs off in the 3rd quater...no need in getting all fired up over this post just a honest question....I promise greenback is not looking past anyone....south pitt or whitwell will be a tough game in the 4th round if we get there 

As Gbnation said..."What a difference a year can make".

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

What a difference a year can make. 

The 2015 union city team was a totally different team than in 2014. Bituli and all the d1 prospects ncs had were all seniors in 2015  . We ended union city’s streak went on to play ncs in 2015 to find out we were up against the best money could buy lol 

6 minutes ago, toinemac said:

13 we barely beat them at NCS. 14 we shut them out at home. Really wish we had gotten to play them in 15. 

No you don’t lol unless you enjoy taking a beating! That was as stacked a team with D1 prospects as I have ever seen. Watched Union City vs Coalfield in 14. We knew what Coalfield had after playing them twice that year & beating them handedly regular season only to have lost by the slimmest of margin in 3rd round. Should have won that game too....different staff at GB then and no doubt with current signal caller Coalfield would have ended their season that night and GB played for a ball. I know OnB would agree!!!! That said I saw what NCS did to a very powerful GB offense in the 15 championship game. We constantly lost the LOS battle and they had no weaknesses anywhere when we competed at the LOS which was rare. NCS was the best 1A team I have seen in quite some time. There are beasts and then there is Bituli who single handedly could put a stomping on most 1A schools with the ball in his hands and for his defensive abilities....well you better just go away from him. That team had more legitimate D1 players than probably most of the other champs that week in Cookeville in all classifications! 

Just now, Southtowner said:

PROJECT A MATCHUP
neutral field
[2014] Union City (TN) 42, [2018] Greenback (TN) 27

To be fair, Greenback hasn't finished their run. I will revisit this post when they do.

Also, this project a matchup isn't the Gospel so to speak, but they're as good if not better of an indication as anyone's speculation and comparisons.  

9 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2014] Union City (TN) 38, [2015] Nashville Christian (Nashville, TN) 27

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2016] Dresden (TN) 30, [2015] Nashville Christian (Nashville, TN) 28

How the heck did you come up with that? I respect you Southtowner & you are extremely knowledgeable but that computer has a virus I think lol. Dresden in 2016 was no where near the struggle to run an offense as compared to NCS in 2015. Greenback had a ballgame going for a half with an early lead and some untimely turnovers limited us and gave Dresden the opportunity to get back in it and take a slim lead. The 2nd half was a nightmare for GB and the wheels fell off....that was not GB football and Dresden just ran off with it. Ask any player, coach or fan and they will tell you the difference in 2016 Dresden and 2015 NCS. Now Dresser Wynn tops the NCS QB but that NCS line would dominate causing much pressure for Dresden to run their O. That NCS defense was much better than our D and I just don’t see Dresden scoring much on them. Yates was a really good back but Bituli and McGraw that year I don’t think get stopped by Dresden. I know my QB/FS son would love to play 2016 Dresden 10 times over again and take a pass against that 2015 NCS. Two different beasts on different levels. Bituli ain’t at Tennessee by accident!