Greenback Players

cornerback10

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Yes. They beat yall 15-14 and beat us 16-14.  We beat yall in region play 27-7. 

In my opinion they were a really good team. Not a great team like their 1997 team. The '97 team had it all. Both an offensive juggernaut and lights out defense. 

The '93 team didn't seem to have the offensive skill set that the '97 did.

In '93 TC lost to Westmoreland in regular season and Westmoreland's only loss was in overtime in the playoffs to eventual 2A champ Sweetwater. 

Southtowner were you at that game in 93? I was gone around that time and didn’t get to attend a lot of games. I did a lot of listening to WEPG through a land line phone that someone would lay in the table next to the radio on Friday nights. LMBO

4 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Southtowner were you at that game in 93? I was gone around that time and didn’t get to attend a lot of games. I did a lot of listening to WEPG through a land line phone that someone would lay in the table next to the radio on Friday nights. LMBO

Yes, I understand you were gone around this time.  I appreciate what you were doing. 

12 hours ago, ladykee said:

Ok now my memory is coming back! Help clarify who exactly put UC out that year? Curious since UC poster thinks they would have handled NCS in 2015.

Ok I answer my own question after researching....you (Peabody) took down powerhouse UC in a close one and followed that up with a 35-14 win over would-be-State contender Dresden only to face that Giant NCS squad who whooped you 42-7 (sorry!!) That giant then turned their beastliness on GB for the Gold but yeah I guess UC 2014 was so much better than UC 2015 they would have taken that NCS team down....

11 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

Honestly that would’ve been a great game! Yeah I heard the UC chit chat “we would beat that team” I doubt that they would. I just find ironic that NCS isn’t even close to a team like they had. 

I'm the only Union City fan to post on this thread and I never said we would have beaten them. Though I think we could have. It doesn't matter though we lost to Peabody that year.